Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The spin of the media

 I have been debating how to respond to the tragedy in Arizona with the kooky nut that shot those people in Arizona at a political event.   I have been watching the various people try to twist this tragedy to fir their political agenda.  I am disgusted beyond words by what I have seen.  the bodies ain't even cold and we have the various gun control groups again pushing their tired agenda that banning firearms will being peace to the planet and have everybody sing John Lennon songs( I know...bad pun)   This nutjob was able to legally able to purchase a pistol because his mental derangement issues were never added to the NCIC so when they ran him, he came up clean.   I have been afraid for something like this to happen.  I see the democrats with less scruples than the GOP.  Was it that Rahn Emanuel said " never let a crisis go to waste"  I see the same thing going on here.   We keep forgetting that other people were shot and as a nation mourn, instead I see people using the tragedy...yes the word tragedy as a political pulpit.   Back when the muslim nutcase killed a bunch of soldiers at Ft Hood, we had the president of the U.S.  Barack Obama telling us for 3 days to wait for all the facts to come out.   Now we have this happen and he hasn't said a word?  Makes me wonder that he is silently supporting this because it falls in with his agenda.

   I happen to like a website called "monster hunter nation"  He waited a bit then went on a long dissertation about what has transpired and his rant for lack of a better work I couldn't say it better myself.   So I borrowed his rant for my posting because his statement echoes how I feel and he is a far better wordsmith  than myself.

MrG


It is time to help out my racist/hick/red-state/hate-monger readership again. Some of you have been confused by the media coverage of yesterday’s tragic shooting. As a “wise Latino” who understands the media, let me help you:
A left-wing, Communist Manifesto reading, schizophrenic, nut-bar, dirt bag that posts obviously deranged YouTube videos about mind control, who has no association with the Tea Party, shoots a congresswoman = SARAH PALIN IS EVIL
Yes, that can be confusing. I know. Bear with me. Remember the last time we went over this kind of thing:
A Muslim in the US Army, after preaching Jihad and corresponding with Al Queda in Yemen, goes on a shooting rampage while screaming “Allah Akbar” = NOT TERRORISM
Clear?
I know you may be thinking that the correct thing to do here is to take the assassin, try him, and execute him accordingly, but that would be incorrect. The proper thing to do is pin the whole thing on the people that the media don’t like first.
Remember:
Tea Party movement is about how regular Americans are sick of paying too much in taxes and the government is too big and ineffectual = SETTING A DANGEROUS AND VIOLENT TONE
Making a movie about the assassination of George Bush = ART
#
Okay, I’m ticked. You know it is time for a political blog post when you get to sleep in on a Sunday morning and you still wake up angry.
Why am I mad?
Because I am sick and tired, because I’m a gun owner, for being blamed every single time a nut job goes on a rampage. But at least I’m used to it. I was a gun rights activist back when Bill Clinton was president. We’ve been blamed for every whackadoo, schizophrenic, off his meds, mopey-ass nitwit crying for attention that has ended up on the news.
It never mattered that people like me and the people that I trained were the last line of defense against these types. It never even mattered when it was a CCW holder that stopped the shooting. That part usually didn’t get mentioned.
But we got used to it. Gun people see it coming. We expect it as soon as we hear that there has been another senseless murder on the news. We know that we are going to get maligned and vilified by a media that only cares about pushing an agenda (and gun control was liberal cause #1 back in the 90s) and not that their 24/7 coverage and insta-stardom for the bad guy is going to spur copycats, but that’s okay, because like I said, we are used to being the bad guy.
So…  How do the rest of you feel now?
See, now it isn’t just us gun owners, it is the entire right leaning half of the country. It is the one third of the nation that belongs to the Tea Party. This shooting yesterday? The media declared it was your fault, your hatred, your bitterness, that set it off. They were open and blunt about it before the facts came in, and once the facts were out, the mainstream toned it down to just insinuation while the lefty fringe got even crazier.
I wasn’t even paying attention until I stupidly took a break from writing (ironically, about an incident involving a lone nut assassin in 1933) and went onto Facebook where I discovered that there had been a shooting and that it had been caused by (in order of evil):  Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck, Arizonans in favor of closing the border, Rush Limbaugh, the Tea Party, and easy access to guns… Whew. My people came in last for once!
So I looked into it, fully expecting the shooter to be some right-wing crazy spouting off Ayn Rand.
Nope. Not even close. But I forgot. Reality doesn’t matter.
Right after the shooting, before anyone knew what was going on, so early that the president himself didn’t even know if the congresswoman was deceased or not, the Daily Kos (the mixed nut selection par excellence) ran an article about how this was Sarah Palin’s fault because Giffords was one of the members of congress she had “targeted”.
Targeted. Yes, to get voted out of office. I missed the part about shooting them.
Apparently, we are no longer allowed to use any words that can be construed as weapons related. The chain of stores known as Target will henceforth be called Big Red More Expensive Walmart.
Oh, but Correia, surely Sarah Palin was calling for VIOLENCE with such careless use of words.
Okay…
If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun. – Barack Obama (in a lame attempt to sound like Sean Connery) during the fight for Obamacare.
Uhm… What? That’s loopy as hell right there. I pointed out that she hadn’t called for violence (outside of in the imagination of lefties where us evil conservatives are going to round them all up and put them in reeducation camps run by Jerry Falwell) and besides the shooter turned out to be a schizophrenic nut-weasel. (I watched his YouTube videos yesterday… wow. Just wow).
We went back and forth, with me typing on my iPhone. The shooter wasn’t even from my side of the political spectrum! I pointed out that among the assassin’s  favorite books were the Communist Manifesto and Mein Kampf.
I was told that there were other books on there too…
Yes, but there aren’t a lot of Tea Partiers with the Communist friggin’ Manifesto in their FAVORITES list. I read the Communist Manifesto once, mostly so I could argue with morons more effectively, but it sure as hell wouldn’t make my favorites list. (It is horrid) Nor would it make the favorites list of anybody who listened to Sarah Palin so intently that they’d go shoot somebody for her.
Then various liberals jumped on said that the Bible was responsible for the most killings of all (actually, I’m pretty sure Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, and Imperial Japan edge out Jesus and the Crusades by a good margin) and then somebody else had a giant rambling bunch of BS about how Communism and Nazism are both exactly like being conservative today, and how they are nothing like being liberal… He also used a bunch of big words to display his academic prowess, though he used several of them wrong. (for the record, I’ve written two books on the 1930s… Don’t try to spout off about historical political theory to impress me, because you are probably going to look like an idiot).

(for the record, I’ve now made 4 different national bestseller lists on multiple occasions, top 25 on Amazon and #4 in the country on Nielsen Bookscan in my genre, and the big dog, the NYT… so I don’t really think the quotes are necessary, Bub)
He told me to take it to my blog.
My pleasure.
Then he posted this to my page:  During his campaign effort to unseat Giffords, GOP challenger Jesse Kelly held fundraisers where he urged supporters to help remove Giffords from office by joining him to shoot an M-16. “I don’t see the connection,” said John Ellinwood, Kelly’s spokesman. “I don’t know this person, we cannot find any records that he was associated with the campaign in any way.” John Ellinwood is clearly an idiot.
Okay. So because somebody else shot a gun at some point in time, that is clearly what motivated the shooter that didn’t listen to nor had any association with the people that shot the gun. If he had asked them to help him shoot an M-16 AT SOMEBODY, then I could see the issue.
Bob, you are an idiot. You are a half-wit, slobbering moron. My brain will not allow me to descend to a level of dumb sufficient to form a response that you will understand.  For everybody else, M-16s are a lot of fun to shoot. (not a lot of fun to carry around all day with crap bolted to them). To most regular people, guns are a normal part of life. We use them. They are fun. Politicians like things that are fun, because then they can use said fun things to raise money.
Only in la-la land can you stretch that far and still sound credible. The rest of us just scratch our heads and feel kind of sorry for you.
Once upon a time, after ObamaCare was passed, Nancy Pelosi said that the founding fathers would be pleased. The response I put on this blog was “Bitch, George Washington would run you through with his sword.”   So by the media’s demented reasoning, if Nancy Pelosi ever gets murdered, it would be my fault.
An Arizona sheriff(you get one guess where he falls on the whole secure the border thing) issued a statement yesterday saying that “Arizona has become a Mecca for prejudice and bigotry”.
What is with these people? Do they wait for something awful to happen so that they can harness it to whatever their pet issue is? Yes. The white congresswoman and a bunch of white people were shot by a crazy white guy because of prejudice against Mexicans. Do these idiots ever listen to themselves? Wait… shouldn’t the sheriff have to apologize for using the word Mecca in a negative light?
I read repeatedly yesterday about how Glenn Beck has been calling for violence… Really? Has he ever actually done that? Or has that just been repeated over and over again on the left as some sort of mantra until it has become their truth?  Here’s the thing. I listen to Glenn Beck on my morning commute because it is one of the only stations I can get up in the mountains. I’m not a Beck defender nor am I a huge fanboy (mostly because a lot of the stuff he’s saying now I was called crazy for saying ten years ago, so it is kind of old news. Welcome to the party, Brother Beck).  Beck is the opposite of calling for violence. He’s railed on it over and over, and he’s terrified that somebody on our side will do something stupid. He’s asked people to pray for the safety of our elected officials.
That sure sounds like a call for violence to me.
This whole thing ticks me off, though it shouldn’t. I should know better. I should know it is coming.  I’m tired of the media talking about average Americans on my side of the fence like we’re just simmering and ready to explode, while Black Panthers threatening people with clubs get a pass.  I’m tired of union leaders being caught on tape talking about using violence and intimidation as a valid political tool getting zero coverage, while people on my side are maligned for things they didn’t say.
None of this is new. Crazies have been killing politicians since they were tossing black powder bombs under their carriages. The only reason Roosevelt lived long enough to become president only because Gieseppe Zanagara (who believed evil capitalists had cursed him with a disease that caused flatulence) was short and had to stand on a wobbly chair to see over the crowd.
The victims are the people that got killed or injured. The villain is the person that shot them, not regular America, no matter how fervently the press wishes it would be.
#

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.