Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Labor Studies...

As it stated in my profile I was a former Ford Motor Company employee and I was in a union and was a committeeman with that same union.  I believe back in the day unions served a purpose to safeguard the workers  from injuries and make reasonable request for compensation.  When I was a union rep, I occasionally  would help somebody, but normally I dealth with the same people over and over again, those that wanted to get paid good union wages and not work.  I had a problem with that, as a shop steward I had to defend these people but as a Ford Employee and a stockholder I wished the company would do a better job of firing them.  I also had major issues with the way that the union was in lockstep with the democratic party.  They would come over to us , say platatudes about workers and we as a union would shower them with money and help, but they were more in tune with the environmental wingnuts what would legislate our jobs out of existance.  I used the argument, "read Gore's book"EARTH IN THE BALANCE" that he advocated legislating the automotive industry out of business.  I couldn't understand the blind devotion to a political party that wanted to kill our jobs and our livelihood.
      I saw this on biggovernment.com


My name is Philip Christofanelli. I was a student in the University of Missouri’s “Introduction to Labor Studies” course.  The class was taught simultaneously by Professor Don Giljum of University of Missouri-Saint Louis (UMSL) and Professor Judy Ancel of University of Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC) through the use of a live video feed that linked the two classrooms. The class met every other Saturday for seven hours, including breaks. All of the classes were recorded and put on the class website.
Class slide by Prof. Judy Ancel instructing students on how to "re-frame" messages for "State Battles" against right-to-work legislation in Missouri and elsewhere
   Here is the link.......long story but a good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.