Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Monday, August 22, 2011

monday music

Carl Davis "Kungfu fighting"

I remember listening to this song on the radio with my parents.  I remember the drive to south carolina to charleston to turn the family car over for shipping to Germany since my Dad had received orders PCS'ing Frankfurt.

     Now this song was the first video played by MTV when they went on the air.  I remember seeing this song played a few times when there were the "night train" special;s on TBS that played music video's for several hours.  Back then video's were the new and up and coming thing.  How they are normal even taken for granted.  But back "in the day"  it was a whole new format

     "Buggello's "Video killed the radio star"




    And finally the song that defined the MTV generation.
Dire Straits "Money for nothing"



No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.