Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Thursday, October 4, 2012

My take on the debate

Romney did well, and Obama was not prepared.   The line about the green energy was telling and the fact that " you picked the losers"  was great.  Also the rebuttal when Obama made the comment about "Tax breaks for moving jobs overseas"  and Romney replied" I have been in business for 25 years and I have never heard of that...Maybe I need an new accountant"  was great!  it is hard for the President to spin lies and half truths and get called on it like he did.  Obama had no campaign to spin a narrative, no half truths, no sympathetic media to softball his questions.  Obama was unprepared, I expect that he figured that he would be able to dazzle them as in days past and skate by as he has so many times before.  This time Mitt was ready and pinned him again and again.   I expect that Obama will come out swinging and the 47% video and Bain capital will make an appearance.  If Romney can stay on point, he can dissect him again and pin him.  Obama plays with campaign points and not facts and Romney can hammer him again and again on his record.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.