Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends in Internetland

I am right now at my Moms and Pops house in Eastern Tennessee for Thanksgiving.  It is the first time that I and my brother have been here at the same time during a holiday.  Until recently he was flying helicopters for the Military and was either deployed or stationed in places where it was a plane ride to get here.
     Now some humor for Thanksgiving, y'all have noticed that the Christmas decorations were out before Thanksgiving...It seems to start up earlier and earlier.  I remember when it used to start AFTER Thanksgiving....not after labor day with some stores.
        I as many people are glad to be visiting family and friends for Thanksgiving,  It is a time to be thankful for what we have.  Even with our problems we still are in the best country in the world.  I am thankful for family and friends, they make the journey through life interesting.....not always in a good way but that is the spice of life.  if everybody was "good" then family and friends would be boring.
        This was played at my church,  I thought it was pretty good and an accurate representation of the average family.  
     Again Happy Thanksgiving to my internet friends and I will be going shooting on Friday, gotta run some pistols.

1 comment:

  1. MrG.:
    You are so fortunate to have the family there...
    It's when you start having more ":empty chairs" around the table, that the holidays change your perspective.
    Still, it's worth it to be with those you love and cherish, and it all has to start with YOURSELF.
    Without that, it's hard to pass it on to others.

    Have yourselves a very BLESSED and HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

    Roll safe out there.

    ReplyDelete

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.