Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Wednesday, February 24, 2016

This past weekend...

We went camping this past weekend, the troop wanted to do some Hiking and shooting.   So we planned a trip and we went down to thunder. 

    This was the campsite and yes I already took my new to me truck camping...
   The Scoutmaster getting the various Zombies up to meet the challenges of the new day...and Yes the troop loves to use the hammocks.    The troop started getting ready to meet the new day

  I got my portable coffee maker out....boiled some water, then had coffee while the troop got ready to go shooting.
   The kids started shooting, and they had a good time...
  The kids were shooting soo good, I turned to Mac and asked him if he had any problem with my switching this up to qualifications for the Rifle merit badge.  He had no problem with my doing this....
  So we changed it up and the kids that didn't have the merit badge, got a chance to qualify.  This excited the kids immensely so off we went.  After they qualified, the kids that needed the merit badge got to clean the rifles...
  Also as part of the requirement, they also had to name all the parts of the rifle..
   I got even more detail than the picture showed.   I made sure the kids earned the merit badge.   Well the kids went to go hiking, so most of the rifles were cleaned...but a couple of them weren't .  I decided to clean them...I have commented in the past that the rifles the camp have are very good rifles so I try to take care of them. 
  I got to the last rifle and I decided to do some shooting......Gotta keep in practice you know...

  
  I then grabbed the bowl of bullets..
   I got into a comfortable shooting position....
  I then exercised some recoil therapy....Man that was relaxing....The birds were chirping....the wind was rustling....I was by myself.....And I proceeded to shoot a lot of ammo.   That was very enjoyable..

The troop after finishing the hiking, we went home and stopped by a pizza place as a treat...
  I saw this sign there and got a chuckle out of it.   

2 comments:

  1. LOL, nice switch up! :-) And I had to clean my rifle to get my badge back in the day too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hammocks can be chilly even in moderately cool temps as heat escapes on the downside. Your scouts have any recommendations to avoid bottom chill this time of year?

    ReplyDelete

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.