Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Monday, April 3, 2017

Monday Music "Out of Touch" by Hall and Oates

I decided to roll with this song partly because I like the duo Hall and Oates, I have a bunch of their albums and I consider them very good and very talented.  I play a bunch of their songs on my MP3 player on my truck or jam on their music on my Sirius/XM through the same truck.  This somg came to mind because I am literally "Out of touch" this week so this installment of "Monday Music" is loaded on the scheduler thingie.  We will be somewhere surrounded by Ocean.  I might post something if I happen to locate WiFi somewhere or something like that.


"Out of Touch" is a song by American duo Hall & Oates from their twelfth studio album Big Bam Boom (1984). The song was released as the lead single from Big Bam Boom on October 4, 1984, and it was their last Billboard Hot 100 number-one single, topping the chart for two weeks in December 1984. It also became the duo's fourteenth consecutive top 40 hit since 1980.[1]
The song often segued from "Dance on Your Knees", which is the opening song of the album. The music video also contains the "Dance on Your Knees" intro, which segues into an edit of the 12" remix version.



The video shows Hall and Oates playing oversized instruments, Yeah it was campy 80's stuff but it was a fun video as was the song.  Not everything has to be preachy or tell a story...sometimes it is good to be goofy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.