Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Friday, January 19, 2018

Quick musings....no rants....this time

We survived "Snowmageddon 2018"  I didn't drive much during this time, I can drive in the snow, 5 years of Germany driving a 1986 Mustang that the ass was so light that I had to put 300 pounds of masonry in the back so I had traction and I kept the fuel tank full for more weight.  It was the other people I had issues with, A fellow Blogger and friend coined a phrase that summed it up perfectly  "Drunks juggling Chainsaws", it perfectly described the conditions when snow hits the south and the southerners try to drive like normal.
    Well I was at work...you know....
Yep you guessed it...and I froze my behind off, 26 degrees not including windchill, and out airplane was on the pad, not the hanger.....man it was cold....I stay in the south to avoid the cold...sheesh
  Well speaking of work, before I went outside, I saw that the "Veteran's" B757 dropped in for a visit...We like the airplane and she still looks shiny..
I also got a new holster for my shield,

I got a IWB holster from concealment express.  I like the Safariland holster that I have but unless I wear a long coat, it advertises that I carry concealed and I wear the pistol in church and I don't want other people to get uncomfortable.  I also got an extra pouch for the extra magazine in case of the unlikely event that I get drawn into a gun battle and the 7 rounds won't go far.   Perhaps I am a touch paranoid( Cue in mysterious black helicopter noises) but running out of ammo is not a good thing.  I will save the Safariland for when I am riding the motorcycle where concealment isn't such an issue

4 comments:

  1. Hey, I have totally neglected thee. I am so so very sorry. Love your shield and holster. Whee! Nice!Mine is Safariland too, but super not safe for regular folks unless you are a cop and a ninja like me or like you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Momma Fargo;

      I know better, I figured that you were busy, but I was considering doing my stalkerish duties and IMing you to make sure that you are OK. I like the safariland because of the extra retention feature that the holster has. As far as Ninja goes, you are my idol and I strive to emulate you, but alas, I can't follow perfection ;)

      Delete
  2. Paranoia (and spare mags) keeps me warm at night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mac;

      I know the feeling, and you never have too much ammo...guns or magazines, LOL

      Delete

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.