Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Monday, July 30, 2018

Monday Music "I'm alright" by Kenny Loggins...Not Rogers, LOL

This is in my scheduler thingie since I will be traveling to NOAC.  I remembered when this movie, how so off the wall the movie was.  I saw it for the first time on HBO, and I didn't get all the nuances..That came later when I was older.   I did remember the gopher and Bill Murrey's vendetta against the furry varmint. 


Caddyshack is a 1980 American comedy film directed by Harold Ramis, written by Brian Doyle-Murray, Ramis, and Douglas Kenney, and starring Chevy Chase, Rodney Dangerfield, Ted Knight, Michael O'Keefe and Bill Murray. Doyle-Murray also has a supporting role. The film was dedicated to producer Douglas Kenney, who died shortly after the film's release.


Caddyshack was Ramis' directorial debut and was a major boost to Dangerfield's film career, who was previously known mostly for his stand-up comedy. Grossing nearly $40 million at the domestic box office (the 17th-highest of the year), it was the first of a series of similar comedies. A sequel, Caddyshack II, followed in 1988, although only Chase reprised his role and the film was poorly received.


The film has garnered a large cult following and has been hailed by media outlets, such as Time and ESPN, as one of the funniest sports movies of all time.

 "I'm Alright" is a song written and performed by American pop singer Kenny Loggins. It was used as the theme music for the 1980 comedy film Caddyshack. The track was released as a single in 1980 and then reached the top 10 of the U.S. singles chart. Eddie Money makes a guest appearance in the song's background chorus. The song is also one of the most frequent choices in Loggins' concert, and included in all three of his official concert material releases - Kenny Loggins Alive, Live from Grand Canyon, and Outside: From the Redwoods.

And this is that I think of whenever I see or hear people talking "Golf"
 Bishops Epic Golf Game

1 comment:

  1. That pool scene was great! I working on a Millwright crew at the
    Terminal Island Treatment Plant. It basically treated the raw
    sewage enough to discharge it into the ocean. One of the foremen
    called the brown floaters "Snickers Bars." That was 25 years ago.
    To this day, I cannot walk past a candy counter without smiling
    and thinking of that foreman!

    ReplyDelete

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.