Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Saturday, March 2, 2019

New Accessory at Casa De Garabaldi

I finally got something that I wanted for several years.  For years I kept my assorted guns locked up in a "stack-on" gun locker.

I bought it back in 1994 to keep my guns secured, but it wasn't fireproof and by no means really secure.  Sure it would show down a casual thief but I knew its limitations.  As you can tell from the stickers, I have had it for a long time.  I have wanted to get a better safe for years but whenever I got the $$$ together something happened that I had to divert the money for other uses.   Well I finally got me a better gun safe.  With the purchase of my Garand and the Henry the gun locker was officially outgrown.

There are better gun safes out there on the market, but the price and value were hard to beat.  I bought a 40 gun Cannon.  My buddy Mack had stated that "You buy a gun safe for twice the size that you need".  Well I was limited by space but I still am happy with the purchase.
 

I proceeded to move my rifles and most of my pistols into the safe.  I also moved my assorted ammo into the safe.  I didn't realize how much 5.56 I had until I actually got it onto one spot.  I have been buying a little at a time here and there since Sandy Hook.  20 rounds here and 20 rounds there and it started to add up.
I do have to buy about 3 more "Gun Socks".  I had bought some from "Sportsman guide" many years ago, I may have to break my self imposed ban and buy some more from them.  I quit buying from them when they saw fit to rape us regular gun owners for Sandy Hook.  Unless I find some place else...I may check amazon or something, LOL.  I do like the gun socks because they protect the rifles and are silicon impregnated.
     After I got the rifles moved and the ammo, I decided to load some more magazines,
I was loading magazines while watching my son play "Grand Theft Auto V".  Somehow there was symmetry there....I also decided to load my "Old School Magazines...even some of my old "20" round magazines from my Army days.  I didn't load them to full capacity.

While I was visiting Mack at his domicile, he showed me these really cool cans to store AR pattern magazines...Yes and Academy Sells them
        For about $20 a can...I was loading magazines to put into the cans...

           I then loaded the 2nd can..
 I still need to get some more magazines...I suppose...

    On a different note, I drove my Dad home yesterday.  Apparently the new procedure he gotten is suppose to solve the collapsed lung problems.  I am very glad because I want him to be around a little longer....and this is funny, I was watching "The Lion King:" on Disney Jr while typing this blog post.  Funny how that works and I can't believe that the movie is 25 years old.  Dang...

2 comments:

  1. Nice choice on the safe. And I hadn't seen those cans before... I'll have to look for them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Old NFO;

      I am very pleased, and check out the cans...for $20 you really can't go wrong and it keeps some magazines in "ready condition and free from dirt and other debris.

      Delete

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.