Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Friday, May 17, 2019

Remake of the fight scene from Star Wars Obi-Won Vs Darth Vader..

Sorry about the light postings...I have been working a lot of overtime and studying so it chews up a lot of my time.
    I ran across this by accident and really liked it.  It is to me what the original fight scene should have been with Darth Vader but Alec Guiness was at retirement age and not so spry...and yes I can relate.  

Original version...

It took the people 2.5 years to remake the scene updating it with new CGI and new film angles and updated sound track and sound scores, I thought adding in the words at the end after they fought the first time on the mining planet after Obiwon cut off Anikins legs and arm....and told him that "you were supposed to be the "Chosen one", supposed to bring balance back to the force."
The Remake and it is really neat!

Now something I saw while watching the remake...

Batman Vs Darth Vader
Pretty good

3 comments:

  1. I remember when "Empire Strikes Back" how all the fan boys absolutely freaked, in a negative way, over the lightsaber battle between Vader and Luke.

    In comparison, well, the new Death Star scene rocks, and is better done than what we saw in Episodes 1, 2 and 3.

    Anyone who's done real sword fighting would attest to the brutal aspect as shown in the new DS scene.

    Now, as to Batman vs Darth, well, that's the Batman I like seeing. Almost Phantom or Shadow level of lethality. (For those who read or know the original Phantom or Shadow, the early versions were rather, um, lethal to those around them.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Bean;

      The lightsaber duel between Luke and Darth was kinda lame...but the movie was excellent. Luke did much better in the Return of the Jedi. Batman is one of my favorite characters, he has no superpowers except his intellect and technology. He shows us humans that we can be "super" also just by training and dedication and making the absolute most of our talents. I have some Phantom and Shadow graphic novels from the late 1980's and yep they are "messy"

      Delete
    2. My dad remembered the Phantom and the Shadow from the 30's and they were bloody back then. The Phantom liked his revolvers, the Shadow his 1911s. And they both believed in lots and lots of ammo downrange.

      As to Empire lightsaber duel, lots of 'purists' didn't like the single hand use of the saber, or the more physical contact. It was less lame than Obi vs Darth. But not as good as it could have been.

      Delete

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.