Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Thursday, August 8, 2019

another quick post..and some upgrades.

I still am on Jury duty, interesting case....all I can say.  Well some doings here at casa de Garabaldi

First off I performed an upgrade on my truck, Amazon had a sale on these things...
The price was $79 and it was wireless from the camera to the monitor.

   I did run a tap from the camera to the rear taillights and tapped into the reverse lights so the camera would come on when the reverse lights came on.   I do have to get some shielding for the connectors, apparently they are picking up interferance sometimes when I use the brakes.  or actually when my son uses the brakes because he is the one driving the truck right now.

I also ran the power wire behind the headliner to clean up the appearance.  It used the what I call a cigarette lighter plug so I fished that behind the dash.   Note the bracket behind the monitor.
I replaced my Sirius/XM Antenna, the old one was 14 years old and getting BBQed on the roof of the truck played heck with the electronics.  I ran the new one inside the truck and as long as the antenna has a clear view of the sky it will work.   I zip tied the excess slack inside the A piller behind the trim piece along with the excess from the power cord for the monitor.
 This is what the camera looks like on top of the license plate.

I also replaced the ventviser that flew off earlier this year.  I got a "in the channel" version so it should last longer.  

     



5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hey Old NFO;

      Yeah, it was a spur of the moment upgrade. Glad I did it. I am very good about using my mirrors and tactical parking as they say, but having the camera view is helpful and it was a fun project.

      Delete
  2. Too much trouble to properly set your side- and rear-view mirrors and actually check them before you back up, was it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naaa, I am very good with backing into parking spaces, but the small sizes of the parking spaces when I am backing up. I have had to get out and look to make sure that I don't tag the car below my tailgate view because I got to get as close as I can without hitting it so my truck ain't sticking out too far..

      Delete
  3. Very cool. I also like the cameras you can put in your vehicle to monitor the traffic in front of you and record it in case you have an accident or see something terrible. My friend put one in just for fun and has helped the police countless times and saved himself a lot of in insurance issues when the time came during an accident.

    ReplyDelete

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.