Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Friday, October 25, 2019

Explaining what is going on at Casa De Garabaldi



An explanation of what has been going on and why I haven't posted for the past week.   Since April I have been working on getting my A&P license,  I have been working as an "unlicensed Mechanic" and I am somewhat limited on what I can do although my employer operates as a FAR 145 Repair station so I am covered by that authorization.
      I have been studying to take the test which concentrates mostly on general aviation.  I had gone to a technical college in the middle of my state and did a "cram" session with those people  that already had their "8610" signed by the FAA stating that based on their experience it is "OK" to take the test to get the A&P and I had 4 years of documented experience with A&P mechanics signing off my work.  Well I had permission by the FAA to start the process and after I took the "Cram" which submerged me in the world of "General Aviation".  It helped but I had to pass the 3 written test.  "General, Airframe and Powerplant".  I started studying and went to the General first, it took 3 tries to pass the General.  The first time I was sick and shouldn't have taken the test, so I failed...Studied and took the test again 30 days later and failed...Apparently I went too fast and missed questions....the 3rd time was the charm.  Man there was a lot of algebra in that test.  Then I went and took the Airframe after studying it.  Passed it the first time.  Was happy, then went to Powerplant.  After studying....man I was tired of studying I took the Powerplant and passed it the first time.  I then had to prepare for the "Oral and Practical".  I took the Oral first on Wednesday and was grilled for 4 hours on all three subjects.  Then we went to the practical and I was working on this airplane...
The Yellow Peril"   the plane is flyable, but hasn't had an "annual" in a couple of years,  I worked my practical exercises on both airplanes.

I had to start this one up as my last exercise and following a checklist to the letter.

I got my A&P and I was glad but I was really tired, this chewed up a huge chunk of my time.  I know that it is worth it in the long run but I am glad that it is over.

     On Thursday and Friday I was at the Marriot downtown for a company function and I was on the 44th floor.
Some of the View from my window.
The View from the Inside....
   While I was there I did cater to my inner "Geek" and watched "Lord of the Ring". on Netflex in my room
"I Bid you stand Men of the West"
This is the Clip that I got that Pic from.


And the Ride of the Rohirrins...and if the speech of the King don't get the blood moving...Like I said, I let my inner geek have fun.  I hadn't seen the movie in years and had forgotten how epic the movie is.

My son wanted help with projects on his truck last week so we removed the bumper and repaired it and painted the bumper and installed a license plate bracket.
The Bumper looks pretty good....
Comparison to what the truck looked like before.when we first got the truck...
.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting you’re a&p. I’ve tried to get it twice but I keep struggling with the O&p portion of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ahmadiss;

      Depending on the DME it can be daunting, I happen to have had a good DME. You may want to check with a different DME in your state or location, and just relax, the DME really don't try to fail you, just grab the manual everytime before you move on to a step, and reference it as you move along.

      Delete

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.