Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Monday Music.."That was Yesterday"

I was watching "Are you tougher than a Boy Scout" on NAT GEO and it reminded me of some of the stuff that I used to do " back in the day in the late 70's and early 80's"  I have few regrets, and one of them was not getting my Eagle when I was a boy scout.  I was a life scout working on my Eagle project and got side tracked by other things and never finished.   I can't go back to yesterday, one of the pieces of wisdom when one gets older is to realize that you cannot go back to the past, and the mistakes that you have made help define you into the person that you are.  I have made mistakes but they have made me into a stronger person.  It is who I am.   here is a song by Foreigner called " That was Yesterday"  

    


"That Was Yesterday (remix)"
Single by Foreigner
from the album Agent Provocateur
B-side"Two Different Worlds"
ReleasedFebruary 1985 (1985-02)
Format7"
Recordedearly 1984
GenreRock
Length3:50 (single), extended version - 6:23 (single)
LabelAtlantic
Writer(s)Lou Gramm, Mick Jones
ProducerGary Lyons, John Sinclair
Foreigner singles chronology
"I Want to Know What Love Is" (1984)"That Was Yesterday" (1985)"Reaction To Action" (1985)
"That Was Yesterday" was the second single taken from the album Agent Provocateur by the band Foreigner. This song was available in four versions, as a remixed single, a very popular extended remix, an orchestral version, and the original mix. The song was written by Lou Gramm and Mick Jones, and the B-side "Two Different Worlds" is also of note for being the first solo-written Lou Gramm song to appear on a single. The single reached number 12 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, and also reached #4 on the Billboard Mainstream Rock chart and #24 on the Adult Contemporary chart.[1] It also reached the Top 40 in the UK (#28), the Netherlands (#19), Switzerland (#29) and Germany (#31).[2][3]
The extended remix added additional lyrics in its intro, and these lyrics can be heard in the live version from the DVD All Access Tonight - 25 - Live In Concert. The video was filmed at the Birmingham Jefferson Civic Center in Birmingham, Alabama.
Allmusic critic Bret Adams called the song "a terrific hit single," citing its "catchy chorus" and "nifty synthesizer lick."[4]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.