Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Friday, January 7, 2011

Explaination of the American political system in a nutshell...or a box

    Where I work at, we have people that are either legal aliens or naturalized citizens and we got on a discussion on the American political system.   I had for several years used the "box system":

     there are 4 boxes to the American political system:

   The first box is the soupbox, I can stand on it and say anything critical of the government without going to a gulag.

    The second box is the ballot box, I can vote for whomever i want without incurring the wraith of the party in power and having a tire wrapped around me and set on fire.

    The 3rd box of our political system is the jury box, The rule of law applies to all people regardless of socioeconomic status.  The political elite can go to jail as well as John Q public.

    the 4th box of our political system is the cartridge box, you open the 4th one when the government takes the first 3 away and get them back.  the 2nd amendment ain't about duck hunting.

     The United States as with most western based societies have the rule of law, the other places in the world have what is called the rule of man or mob rule, where your civil rights are when they ask which ear do you want the bullet and due process is charging your family the cost of the bullet.   I have been on many other places in the world, I enjoy  the travel and the experience, but it makes me appreciate the U.S.A more so when I return. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.