Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Thursday, February 16, 2023

Some goings on here at Casa De Garabaldi

 I have been busy...Yep..."Meatspace" has sunk its claws into me...So I have found it difficult to find time to blog.   I am working a lot, To those that don't know, I am a commercial Chemtrail Technician, and right now it is busy, unless it is broke, or out of time or scheduled maintenance...it is flying.  Commercial aviation uses a rolling maintenance schedule to maintain its "Airworthiness" on the airframe and powerplant.  Unlike a private plane that gets an annual every year than an occasional overhaul, Commercial planes have a rigid schedule for maintenance checks, they are called "service", Transit" or a variation of a "Letter" check all the way to overhaul.  And a lot of the parts are governed by hours and cycles.  My employer uses "predictive Maintenance" to schedule parts changes especially on parts that have a cycle life.  A cycle is one takeoff and landing.  Aviation parts are built to such a high tolerance and bench marked to work statistically past a certain point.  My employer knows this and schedules parts changes before the part is "scheduled to fail" so we get the plane in and handled before it breaks, swap out the part, and check out anything else then turn the plane loose again.  This is why our reliability is so high in the industry.  This is expensive to do and a lot of carriers don't do this because this entails having a vendor supply chain and a logistics support for the parts.  We charge more than some because of the reliability factor.  Unless the"Extenuating Factors like the FAA NOTAM System or something like that....." If we have any say, the plane lands when it is suppose to and leaves when it is supposed to with no deviation, Maintenance delays are no excuse.   I say all that to say that I have been very busy, and to keep my anonymity I don't announce my employer on my blog, back in 2016 and 2020, I had some of my former Ford Peeps, they were suffering with TDS try to get me fired from my employer because I being a former union rep strayed off the reservation and wouldn't support the donk candidates.  The hate is real so I wish to keep my job, I hope y'all understand.

 


                                    (She took my Picture, so I took her picture...Turnabout is fair play)

       Well anyway I took some time to go to  Eastern Tennessee to visit my Mom, she turns 80
and it is kinda a big deal.     My brother came up from Florida, and we drove up in the Wife's Edge, far more comfortable than my Focus. My son flew up, he used his flight privileges since he now works at the same employer as I do.   We had to of course stopped off at ....

You betcha....Tradition.....For some reason, it makes every road trip start off good, or any time I  
go to Scout camp to run a shooting event or something....or any other excuse I can come up with.
   Well anyway We stopped off at Smokey Mountain Knife Works, where I bought a knife and then Buds

I picked up some shotgun ammo some "OO" buck for a good price  for my 870 that I have had since the 80's, so it is one of the good ones.  one of the few guns I didn't lose in that durn kayak accident.*sniff*sniff*.  and while I was there I saw this.....
Yep a "Baby Nagant"   They had both the carbine version and the full length for $369.  I always thought 
they were an "Urban Legend", apparently not....
 
KSA keystone 91 30 22lr mosin rifle snow

The KSA 91/30 Mini Mosin is a youth-sized version of the classic Russki infantry arm but in a single-shot .22LR format (Photos: KSA)

Pennsylvania-based Keystone Arms is headed to market with the first in a line of downsized classics with their Mini Mosin .22 rifle.

The KSA 91/30 looks like a venerable Soviet Mosin-Nagant Model 91/30, the staple of the Red Army throughout World War II. However, instead of the shoulder-bruising 7.62x54R chambering and 29-inch barrel, Keystone’s Mini will be a single-shot .22LR rimfire with a more youth-accommodating 20-inch barrel. Similarly, instead of arctic birch, the U.S-made gun will feature a walnut stock.

“This ‘Mini-Mosin’ is the perfect size for your little ‘Comrade,'” said Keystone on social media last Friday. The company, best-known for their Crickett and Chipmunk series of single-shot rifles and pistols, went on to explain even smaller Mosins — such as the M38 — are still “a full-size rifle in a large caliber that a youth will have an unpleasant experience with.”

No word on MSRP yet but you can expect the company to have the prototype guns on display at the NRA’s Annual Meetings in Indianapolis later this month. If so, Guns.com will be on hand to sniff out more information, so stay tuned. 

       This was off the website...


      Yep, I did think about it....but I didn't have enough cash on me....and it is kinda of a novelty thing
and unfortunately I have more pressing needs for my money.
 

     I had to put another battery in the "Precious" A.K.A my F150, "The Battery" I had bought from
Advance Auto Parts I swore had a dead cell in it and they wouldn't exchange and they kept blowing me off, and it kept dying on me.  I would go out to the truck and would have to jump the truck off all the time, it got old and frustrating.  I finally went to SAMS Club and bought a "Duracell" battery and swapped out the battery.  Now the truck cranks when I want her to.  I was irritated with Advance on this, but I had to drive 100 miles to clear the P1000 codes so I can get the truck emission tested, it will be the last time because the truck is 25 years old and the truck passed with flying colors.

    My son and I had gone to "Udvar-Hazy" Aviation museum over at Dulles in D.C.  it was a day trip, first flight in and next to last flight out.  The preceding pic was the "Dash-80" the Prototype that spawned the 707 series and the future of Boeing Commercial Aircraft Company.



And of course they had other planes there....
                                                                The F6F "Hellcat"
                                                             The "Sparrowhawk" off the "U.S.S.Macon"
The "Concorde"

Boeing 377"Stratocruiser"


Me 163"Komet"

Mig 21"Fishbed"



"Mig 15" and the "F-86 Sabre" Korean War Adversaries

F-22"Raptor"
                                                                         F-35B"Lightning"
As I understand it, this was a survivor from the Pearl harbor attacks, she was a mail plane and survived the war and after a circuitous route, made it to the Smithsonian. 


 


F4U "Corsair"

Curtiss P-40 "Warhawk
And of course we saw ...

  You Betcha....."Flak-Bait"   I was stoked to see that plane and I saw what looked to be a Ju-87 "Stuka" in the shop plus other aircraft.
 
 
I got my copy from Larry Correia "In Defense of the 2nd Amendment " written in his unique style,

If you want to be able to debate and defend using logic against those that want to strip our 2nd amendment right from us, this book is a great help.  Now to convert the gun control crusaders is a lost cause, what we need to do is to convince "John and Jane Q Public", the undecided, using logic and reasoning, not "Feelingz" and "Emotions" like our opponents would do.  That is how we win the culture war against the rabid left.  We get the regular people on our side and they will look at the anti's as kooks and squirrels.  We will be the "Sane ones" and this book will help.  Go to Amazon and get your copy.  



 




4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hey Angus

      How the heck I mess that up, I'll fix it. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. I was in Frankenmuth, Michigan this week, where they have a small military museum dedicated to heroes, that I have been to before. So it sort of touched me when I saw your fantastic post of these airplanes. I have also been to the Air Zoo in Kalamazoo area. We took our kids, and they were even impressed.
    Thanks for such a great tour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Pigpin;

      I also heard that Frankenmuth has a killer German souvinier area full of German stuff due to the high German population in the area. I drove by it on the way to blacklake for a UAW school in 2001. up in the Upper Peninsula.

      Delete

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.