I saw this on Townhall.com and it is very good. Something to think about.
1) Our Congress passes bills that run into the thousands of pages; then
we're surprised that the bills are full of loopholes, set asides for
lobbyists and toxic clauses no one seemed to know about.
2) We've replaced telling the difference between right and wrong with
legalisms; then we're surprised that people are always looking for
loopholes and technicalities to get out of fulfilling their obligations.
3) Feminists denigrate men, tell them to behave more like women and are
offended by chivalry; then they're surprised to find that our society
has been inundated by passive, wimpy beta males.
4) Congress hasn't produced a budget in more than 3 years, most of the
big bills don't go through the normal committee process, and
parliamentary maneuvers are used to block debate and keep Republicans
from offering amendments to bills; then we're surprised when we have
gridlock, filibusters and massive fights over the debt limit.
5) We allow politicians to work as highly paid lobbyists after they
leave Congress; then we're surprised when they give favorable treatment
to companies they hope will make them wealthy after they leave Congress.
6) We demonize big business, pile on the regulations, raise taxes on job
creators and treat successful people like the enemy; then we're
surprised that the economy's not growing.
7) Our first priority when it comes to schools is catering to the
teachers’ unions, not educating our kids; then we're surprised at the
poor quality of public education in our country.
8) We allow communists, terrorists, and people who hate America to be
public university professors in this country; then we're surprised when
our college students graduate without understanding how this country
works and what made it great in the first place.
9) We celebrate victimhood; then we're surprised to see people faking hate crimes.
10) We have abundant oil supplies on our own soil that we don't drill; then we're surprised that gas prices are so high.
11) We reward people for not working with welfare, food stamps and
countless other government programs; then we're surprised to have so
many takers demanding that everyone else pay their way.
12) We allow public sector unions to exist and funnel tax dollars into
political campaigns and collaborate with politicians; then we're
surprised when the unions drive whole cities and soon, states, into
bankruptcy with their exorbitant salaries and benefits.
13) We create gun free zones; then we're surprised when crazy people
with guns go there to kill people because they know no one will be
14) We gerrymander congressional districts to the point that it's
practically impossible for most members of the House to be beaten by
someone from the opposite party; then we're surprised when neither side
can work together.
15) We set up rules that give existing unions every advantage over the
companies that hire them; then we're surprised when those companies
start to inevitably fall apart.
16) We worry more about children's self-esteem than their performance;
then we're surprised when college kids aren't ready for the working
17) We encourage multiculturalism, don't teach patriotism, and treat
American citizenship like it's valueless; then we're surprised as we
become ever more segmented and divided as a people.
18) We elect and re-elect politicians who lie to our faces, see
prostitutes, use hard drugs and have affairs; then we're surprised when
we find most politicians care more about keeping their cushy jobs than
helping the country.
19) We denigrate Christianity at every opportunity, mock people of
honor, and openly scoff at people who talk about morals; then we're
surprised at how dishonest and nasty our society has become.
20) We have a sky high corporate tax rate, a ridiculous legal system
that exposes corporations to abusive and time-consuming lawsuits, and
the most progressive income tax system in the Western world; then we're
surprised when American companies move overseas