Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Friday, August 17, 2012

Dishonorable Disclosures

When I was in the service, I was part of the branch that was "always out front".  We did and saw things that most people never saw or will see.  When I was in, one of the things I had besides a security clearance was a 75 year non-disclosure...basically I cannot tell or talk about what I did while I was in.  Any discussions had the possibility of leaking some kind of information that could compromise something.  So we just never talk about it.  I have been out for 21 years and people ask what I did, I make some comment about " I did a lot of things" or I just worked in the mail room or something.(which I did for 90 days).  The point is that we just don't talk about it.  I have been appalled by the leaks that I have seen, the release of the OBL hit right after it happened.  Nothing like putting a bulls eye on somebody or their family.  Remember these people don"t have the same belief in the sanctity of human life like we do.  they would think nothing about taking out the families of Seal Team Six as a form of jihad.  We used to have leaders that respected operation security...these clown are more concerned about getting reelected than doing the right thing.  They are elitist, the people that are at risk are the people from "flyover country".  The ones that didn't get into the right schools... Didn't become part of the apparachik, the cultural elitist, the ones that know what is best for the rest of the dumb masses.
     The people that will have to deal with the fallout from these leaks will not be going to the houses of the Hollywood celebrities for fundraisers, they will not be getting their name in the newspaper for some policy decision,  they will be the ones that stand guard over this country, walking the perimeters at night, going into all the dark places that they go and protect this country like their parents and grandparents have done before them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.