Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Friday, October 11, 2019

Truck Project...

Well y'all remember this truck we got for my son?
My son loves his truck, but he didn't like the grill...See the difference between my honeycomb grill and the regular grill that his truck has.
     Well we went to a junkyard where luckily for us, there was a completed honeycomb grill in a junked F150.   The Grill color was a very faded black.
Well I primed the new grill and he removed the old grill and headlight surround on his truck..

 The old grill primed, I also primed the new insert
New insert painted
New insert in the grill surround.
New grill surround and insert installed.  He was very happy with the Mod.

 Since I was painting, I decided to paint our wiper arms, they had surface rust and looked really bad, so first thing I did after priming the grill, was priming the wiper arms.
I finished painting the old grill insert
Finished the Black
Looks good.
The wiper arms look really good, far better than the old faded ones that were on there earlier.

I'm going to put the "old" repainted insert in craiglist and market place where my son can recoup the money he paid for the honeycomb grill.

    We are planning another junkyard run to see what they have in a week or so.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.