Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Sunday, July 28, 2013

Lemme get this straight.......?



Today's hypocrisy brought to you by the letters I, R, and S.
The IRS may be tasked with enforcing Obamacare, but its employee union doesn't seem to care for the law. This is no surprise. If you had a nice, cushy insurance plan through the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program, would you want to be forced into one of the Affordable Care Act's god-awful exchanges? Of course not.
So, the National Treasury Employee Union is suggesting that its 150,000 members (including 100,000 in the IRS) write their Congressmen and let them know that while they may enforce Obamacare, they'd prefer not to be bound by it. They're deeply concerned that pending legislation may force them to get coverage from an exchange, just like the great, unwashed masses over which they rule.
H.R. 1780 was introduced by Republican Dave Camp as a reaction to rumors that, once again, the feds were cutting backroom deals to exempt themselves from Obamacare's provisions.
The union is supplying workers with a form letter so they can alert their representatives and Senators.  It reads:
I am a federal employee and one of your constituents. I am very concerned about legislation that has been introduced by Congressman Dave Camp to push federal employees out of the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHBP) and into the insurance exchanges established under the Affordable Care Act (ACA).  
H.R. 1780 would put federal employees in a special class where they would be prohibited from receiving health insurance through their employer. It would treat federal employees differently from state and local government employees and most employees of large private sector companies who receive health insurance benefits through their employer. The primary purpose of the Affordable Care Act was to provide a marketplace for the sale and purchase of health insurance for those who do not have such coverage – not to take coverage away from employees who already receive it through their employers. 
I work hard and am proud of the services that I provide to your constituents every day.  One of the main benefits I receive as a federal employee is the ability to purchase health insurance coverage through the FEHBP with an employer contribution towards those benefits. Please let me know your views on this legislation. I look forward to hearing back from you.
Obamacare may make it too costly for your employer to continue coverage, and you might be forced to work part-time so that your employer can force you into the exchanges, but that's your problem.  These people work for the government.  They're buoyed by a supposedly bottomless pit of cash that they confiscate from the American people.
They're proud of the work they do. These vital services include facilitating wealth redistribution, holding extravagant training conventions, and making bad Star Trek movies. Why, if they weren't doing their jobs, who'd harass conservatives via the tax code?  
These workers are heroes, and they've earned their perks. It's simply unconscionable that they might someday face a scenario where they'll be treated like one of their subjects.


3 comments:

  1. I call this one an oopsie... They are about to be hoist on their own petard and they aren't liking having to join the rest of us proles in the trenches of obummercare...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. Your flow chart and title make me laugh. I am so in agree-ance. (my word) Have a great day and keep up the making me laugh thingy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Old NFO;
    i love it when the "elitist" get screwed like us "great unwashed" like us flyover people. I am still hopeful that they will repeal Obunglercare, but I am afraid that the GOP don't have the stones to do it.
    Hey Momma Fargo;
    I have a file on my computer that I keep a bunch of cartoons in and I pull them out when I need them. I believe that you get people to remember what is posted when you add a cartoon or 2 to it. Something about cartoons:)I guess. I also have a very warped sense of humor...That gets me into trouble sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.