Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Friday, August 25, 2017

Some Musings on the NFL and other thoughts...

This will be a short post of some musings that are running through my head on a pair of sneakers....Yeah interesting analogy but I am like that....

    Well first off, I decided to watch a preseason football game, I haven't watched much football last year except in post season when My Falcons went all the way to the Superbowl and played 3 quarters of excellent football, but then choking and blowing a 28-3 lead.  Oh well, I am an Atlanta Falcons fan...and we are used to getting our hopes crushed.
    But decided to watch a preseason game and it was the Seahawks and the KC Chiefs...and the announcers dwelled on a couple of players from each teams  sitting down during the national Anthem, and the social Justice aspects of it.  Well that pissed me off, this is the reason that I didn't watch football last year and apparently I wasn't the only one that was pissed about that.  The viewership of the NFL was lower last year.  People don't like having politics shoved into their face all the time.  I see another loser season for the NFL....again.
     So I decided to watch fake football, the movie "The Replacements".    I do like several aspects of that movie...
   There is a phrase in the movie that I like and it states..
                   "Pain is temporary
                     Chicks dig scars
                     Glory is Forever".
I will probably avoid watching the NFL again....something about overpaid entitled players moaning and groaning about "Oppression, racism, police brutality and white privilege."that really pisses me off.  Where else can they go, make a damm good living better than 99% of the rest of America and they feel the need to virtue signal.  Really?
     I then watched "Battlebots" on TV, something about machines beating each up in an arena....think of gladiator games for nerds.lol

  And finally watching "Forged in fire" on the History channel....
 The point I am making is that for TV and cable entertainment people will watch more than NFL and if they keep pushing the SJW crap on America as part of their virtue signaling, they will continue to lose audiences.

     Another musing...I hate reCAPTcha,

1 comment:

  1. Haven't watched a single pre-season, may not watch ANY pro games this year. I'll still watch college, unless they start that crap.

    ReplyDelete

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.