Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Goings on at Casa De Garabaldi...

 I took this week off from work, we have a roll on dumpster coming to do some major Spring cleaning.  We are planning on selling the house in a couple of years and moving out of our Blue County to a purple or a red county if y'all know what I am talking about.  We can't make our decision sooner because the house is scheduled to be paid off at that time with accelerated payments.

     First thing was that I did was some "Mailbox Love" , lol   I had to do some repairs...


 Yeah, I found that on the ground....Bummer.....Sure I could have bought another...but I had a better idea.

First, I went rooting in the scrap bin for some metal...found a good piece....trimmed it, then used the old 
flag as a template, drew it on the metal with a marker...

 Then I used the bandsaw to cut it out, I used straight cuts only, I could have tried to use the bandsaw to "round" it up, but it is easier to use the grinder than the bandsaw and it is cleaner edge..
Speaking of "grinders" this is what I used....I used it to "round" off the flag part and "deburr" the edges, didn't take long.   I then drilled a hole at the base, and used a "Suicide Countersink" to deburr the edges of the drill hole.  I then scuffed it with scotchbrite, wiped it down....with alcohol, primed it and painted it with 3 coats of "rattlecan" red paint.

      It is finished.I put a couple of washers in with the screw to give it some resistance when I flip it up and down..Not bad for a 20 minute job at work, excluding paint drying during break, LOL

        I had noticed something else while I was installing the flag on the mailbox....

Yep,   Loose brick and I noticed another one that was missing morter also...I went to Ace Hardware to see if they had "Morter Mix", they didn't and I wasn't going all the way to "Lowes" and the guy there told me that "Amazon" had something in a tube he had used so I ordered it and it showed up next day so I went to work...

    Did the initial layer, then flipped the brick...

After caulking all the gap, I applied alcohol (The rubbing kind, not the drinking kind) to my finger, it prevents the sealer from transferring to my finger while I push the sealer around and into gaps.

                              Filled in the gaps.....


             That part is done, do I used the rest of the sealer tube to fill in gaps in the mailbox...

       ,   Filled in that part also, that gap attracted "varmints" like spiders and other crawlers....

   Apparently we had a "fire" in the woods behind my house......again....the last one was set by my neighbors disturbed kid about 10 years ago....This one, another neighbor banged on my door and told me "You know that your woods are on Fire..."    911 was already called, we had to wait, I was planning on if push came to shove, emptying my safe with my documents and other items, work uniforms and some clothes and moving my vehicles to the street if the fire got a lot bigger and threatened the house,  The thought of spraying the house with the garden hose did occur to me...I was weighing the Pro's and Cons of my next house of having a lot of trees on the property...Pro's  The Trees do shield the property from weather and my trees make a good windbreak and they cut the heat down a smidge....the Con's..well debris...and fire magnets, LOL

    Fire Dept showed up and handled it...I was glad, sure it was stuff, but some of the stuff can't be replaced if y'all know what I mean..

    The same night of the fire, I noticed that several houses in my subdivision got rolled.....Man things are getting back to normal, I suppose.....LOL

 


    And I found this old cartoon in my files that I posted on my blog when I first started, I was doing some "housecleaning" on my pics and it deserved to be reposted....I would have changed it to "Cultural Marxism" as a catchall I suppose, It would encompass Islam and all the other stupid crap that the Donks are espousing.














1 comment:

  1. Having trees on property is good. Having a clear space around your house with no trees is also good. Perimeter forest very good.

    Good luck in your payoff and move to (more) freedom.

    ReplyDelete

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.