Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Sunday, March 5, 2023

Last Weekend Camping.

 We had planned a "Boy Scout Troop Shooting Weekend" and everybody bailed on us due to various reasons, I was going to be the instructor because I am NRA certified for Rifle, Shotgun and Pistol so I can teach the merit badge.  We were going to go and get the kids that didn't have the merit badge, get the merit badge.   So the Scoutmaster and Myself went anyway.....We already had the Range reserved, had the ammo from council, I had taken the day before from work so I could roll my schedule. Like we needed an excuse to go camping....and shooting....LOL


         The Arrival at Camp, 


    I slept in one of those, and ran a drop cord for power for my charger and CPAP machine....and a drop light with a "yellow" bug light, and the scoutmaster set up his hammock, he likes to hammock camp...I can't do that..My back would die, LOL


                      Getting ready to grill out......


     We then grilled the steaks, they have been marinating for 7 hours before we threw them on the grill.  We always eat well as a matter of principle, we always show the kids(not in this case, LOL) that you can eat really well if you plan properly.


           The "Garnishing" for the Steaks...

                                                                The Vegetables

                                                     What "Dinner" looked Like


    Then we set the little grill in front of us while we watched a movie, and a bit of a backstory, Both the Scoutmaster and myself are the most experienced scouters in the troop, and we both forgot to bring a jacket...and it got down to the high 50's.  So the fire was nice.  He did have a poncho liner though, and we fed logs into the little grill all night and the lid reflected heat to us and it worked.  


         We watched the Mel Gibson Movie "We Were Soldiers" and it reminded me how cool of a movie it was, especially since both of us are Army veterans, and I have more of a kinship with the Army back then than I do with the Modern Army, if that makes sense.

     The next morning,    I made my coffee, the little gizmo does work....It literally forces the hot water through the "K" cups and I have "Coffee"

                                     "Reloads" for my Little coffee press.

                               Yep Breakfest, Gotta eat good...


      We were shooting .22LR Rifles and Pistols and had a blast.  I also sighted in the Camp Rangers Savage .22LR Semi-auto with a scope.  it was a nice rifle, I should have snagged a picture of it but I didn't.  Finished shooting.  Returned to camp, packed up our stuff, and put it under the pavilion.


   We then gone to the "BlackBird Cafe" in Woodsbury Georgia, and grabbed dinner


      We then loaded the truck up and got ready to return to civilization.  We will plan another troop shooting trip, but next time, if more people come....Great!...if not....We will do the same thing.

1 comment:

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.