Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Monday, June 6, 2011

Historical moment

I am a student of history and what got me interested in history was the battle of midway,  it lasted from June the 4 1942 until June 6 1942.  I will not post any major details except when it was done, the power has shifted in the pacific war.  After Midway Japan never had a victory until the end of the war.  The biggest loss for the japanese besides 4 first line carriers was the loss to her aviation arm, the level of experience that went down when those carriers sank, they never recovered.






  We lost the U.S.S. Yorktown and a destroyer The U.S.S. Hammond that was tied up alongside to aid in the firefighting effort when a Japanese Submarine put a torpedo into her going for the Yorktown.
.

   My favorite movie was of Midway with Charlton Heston, it was a good story and they used a lot of WWII movie cuts for the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.