Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Friday, August 27, 2021

My impressions of California.

 

 


When I went to the "Left" cost, I made jokes to my friends that if I came back porporting to supporting Xiden or backing Newsome in his recall, it means that I was caught and brainwashed.  Well anyway We flew in to LAX and went to get the rental car.  While we were there waiting for the car, I was looking around and taking a few pictures.

    The trees looked like the TV shows and the movies that I remembered seeing.

   Holy Sh!t, the Gas prices......dang....I complained about the $2.95 I pay here in Georgia .    We hit the road and I started seeing signs that I remembered from the TV and movies.

     We stopped at the In-N-Out Burger, it is the first time I ever ate at one.

   The Scenery was beautiful that I saw, it was different than I was used to, California is a beautiful state,



       That being said, I have been other places in the world, I have been in the middle east, north Africa and Mexico and the Caribbean, plus Europe, East and West.  The joys of being in the service, I suppose.

      California reminded me of a 3rd world country, the infrastructure looked run down, everywhere that had concrete was tagged with gang graffiti or just graffiti.  

One of the many homeless people I saw.  They had a lot of them, we would be accosted by them when we left restaurants after eating our dinner, and when we would go to Carl Jr in the morning to get our coffee, we would see then sleeping on the sidewalk.  They had camps in the deserts between the houses and in the ditches.  The houses that were upper middle class had walls around them, like what I would see in the middle east or in Mexico or in South America, I wondered if there was broken glass embedded in the top of the wall to discourage climbers.  I had spoken to a utility guy from LA, he and his crew was there working a project and he told me that it was worse in LA and especially in the wilshire area.  he told me that the Police will not interfere with them, they won't move and get in the way of all the utility projects, and they are encouraged to stay by the actions of the city fathers.  I replied "dang"  he them asked me what did I think of California, and I replied "it is a beautiful state, but it reminds me of a 3rd world country, I hate to say".  He agreed with me and commented that the assholes in Sacramento have ruined the state and as soon as he retires he is moving to Tennessee.

      





  Actually saw an "Eastern" plane, and you could see the "Hockey Stick"on the tail.


    This our plane taking off...Finally.    I will include more pics.

4 comments:

  1. LOL, fly you #$#$% so we can get OUT of this hellhole!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Old NFO;

      That is pretty much what was said, LOL.

      Delete
  2. Victorville (Southern California Logistics)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rick;

      I will neither confirm or deny that one...If I confirm it, it may tip my hand on my employer and I don't want that. ;)

      Delete

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.