Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Friday, November 12, 2021

Even more goings on at Casa De Garabaldi

 Several things went on, I installed new plugs and wires on my truck trying to get it to pass emissions and I still was having problems, I kept getting the dreaded Cylinder#7 misfire.  I went and changed the coilpack


   Still had the problem, so at this time, I made an appointment with the shop, I couldn't keep shotgunning parts at the truck and hope I fix the problem,.  Well I nursed the truck to the shop and it cost me $125 shop time for them to tell me I had the wires out of sequence.  Da hell?  I had checked the firing sequence, and a friend of mine checked the firing sequence and we were sure that we were spot on, but I picked up the truck and it worked fine.


 

      Next step was the intake system as I reverted it back to original, I kept getting MAF sensor codes after installing the Cold Air Intake on my truck.  My son and I had gone to a junkyard and picked up several items including a complete factory intake really cheap.  We also had offered to stay and make a witness statement when a person in front of us tried to steal several items then tried to run over the employee with a golfcart trying to get away.  Some people....  

      Video clip of the truck running after the Intake installation.

After getting my F150 to pass emissions, (3 more years until exempt) Yay !!. I went ahead and 

 


handled the rear door, apparently it is a bad design prone to breakage. I have repaired them before. First time I replaced the cables$$$, then I found this cheap fix on ebay,


 

 but the latest fix, they had on amazon. Installed the replacement "cap" for lack of a better word,


  This metal piece replaces the plastic piece that seems to tear up and fall apart, it seems to be endemic of all extended cab trucks.

Installed metal cap after having to file a bit of the metal off.

This is what it looks like with the door put back together before the panel goes back on.


 


 

 


 performed a function check,

 


 then put the door together. 

 

 

 Next project is battery clamp I noticed when I had the truck seem to shut out on me and I couldn't figure out what the problem was.....


  And the bad thing was that I changed that clamp a year ago...go figure

I removed the old clamp, 


 

 


I cleaned the terminal, removing any old corrosion using a "scotchbrite pad I had to cut the old clamp off with a set of dykes,

 


I then I peeled and stripped the insulation back a bit, attached the new clamp to the positive wire, 

 


then I stuck a pair of needle nose pliers through it to spread it apart, then I attached it to the positive terminal and using a brass hammer to seat the clamp.


 You know you are good when the hood light illuminates. 

 


 I finished securing the clamp to the terminal. Then using the corrosion Inhibiting Spray, I coated the terminal and the wire, 

 


I waited a few minutes between coats to allow setting time. Then I cranked the truck and then spent 10 minutes while the truck was idling trying to remember how to set the clock on my radio, lol. 

I had done this before coming down with the kung-flu....again...... This is my second bout. I got sent home late last week for popping "Positive" on the weekly test I have to endure as one of the "Great Unvaxxed". 

 

Me wrapped up in a blanket that my wife had made for me from a bunch of my Boy Scout tshirts and a couple of my "Gun" T-Shirts that I can't wear anymore because I lost soo much weight. I had gone ahead and preloaded my blog a week out in case I got really sick. I got a little sick, I had been taking Zinc a lot as part of my daily vitamins, As soon as I popped positive, I started taking "Elderberries" and "Oscillococcinum" 3 times a day, and the symptoms were not near as bad the second time around, I was more tired and lost my appetite and ran a fever for a day and that was it. I am past the heaviest part of it, now I have to build back my strength. so we will see,


I saw this in the truck in front of me today, and I had to do a doubletake...I at first thought he was a proud "Biden supporter" until I read the sticker closer....Thought it was brilliant.LOL

    Stacy Abrams 2018 democratic candidate for governor and general bigot that sees "racism" in everything, and still believes that she should have been governor of Georgia but for "Racism".  She campaigned for the donks in Virginia, and was instrumental in getting the "All-Star" game pulled from Georgia to Punish the State for making it harder for the democrats to "harvest Votes" and steal the Election.

Also unless you were living under a rock...The Atlanta Braves won the World Series in game Six, both Teams played well, but this was Atlanta's year...Especially when the All Star game was stripped from us by the woke Commissioner because of our "Racist"Voting laws. and got sent to Colorado that had the same voting laws......I'm sure that made sense...somewhere. And when the Woke commissioner presented the trophy to Atlanta, both the fans from Atlanta and Houston both boo'ed him. Maybe it is showing that people are tired of the "Woke" bullcrap. And when the AllStar break happened, Atlanta was Subpar .500 for the season. 

     I got a new book I will be starting on after I finish Mack's  book I am almost done with that he loaned me.  I also got the "Grant" Miniseries the same time I got "To Rescue the Republic"  I always liked Grant and thought he got short shifted by History because he was an honorable man and expected everyone else to have the same ethics and they didn't.

 





1 comment:

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.