Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Saturday, January 4, 2020

Todays Adventures...

Well I got started kinda early, and my first stop was traditional stop..
Kraznovian Franchise, they are everywhere spreading the joys of "Waffles"

 I left there and headed to Lowes to take some stuff that I bought before Christmas and it didn't work and I wasn't dumb enough to take them back right after Christmas.  I than went Academy to make use of some gift cards and picked up ammo for my EBR and my new pistol.
Beretta Model 81 in 32 ACP.  
I will be going to Mack's place of employment and running the pistol as well as the Hi Point Carbine that I bought late last year.  I also might bring a couple of long guns, I will see.
I am fixing to get started after stopping at another stop on my rounds.  The weather was cooperative,although windy and it even buffeted me a bit on my motorcycle.
I am back in the Garage, I had a bunch of stuff that I needed to get done today.   I then started getting ready to do an upgrade on my truck.
I proceeded to lay out the stuff for the new mod, I am installing a cold air intake on my F150
Here the truck is ready, I have already disconnected the battery, and placed the stepstool in case I needed it(I needed it, LOL)
    Overall the instructions were clear, although the vehicle they used was set up differently than my truck.  It took a bit of ingenuity before I was finished.
The results after my taking the truck for a test drive was a bit quicker response than before.  With the truck breathing better, there is a bit of horsepower increase and perhaps a bit better fuel economy.  Although if one drives a truck, fuel economy is lower on the priority list.  I will get some more aluminum and see if I can enclose it a bit more.
     My tools are home from work, so it made the mod easier to work, although my stuff is SAE and not metric.  The reason for this is that my employer has instituted total tool control, basically you can't use your own tools on the airplane.  The tools are issued by the employer and controlled.  This is an industry standard now.  We are not happy, we used our own tools, and knew how to use it.  Our maintenance record is far better than anybody else, our planes left earlier than scheduled, we had the lowest maintenance cancellations in the industry.  We were proud of that fact.  Apparently when other groups from overseas would visit, the shock of "they are using their own tools!, the Horror,!".   The tour guides which I am one of would just say "the system works for us, and our maintenance  record speaks for itself."  Our internal monologue would be "We are Americans, we have been to the moon, what the heck have y'all do? ride our coatails?, well screw off."  We would not say that of course, but that was the thought process,

1 comment:

  1. Big brother got in the middle of it... And... you're screwed out of your tools...

    ReplyDelete

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.