Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Saturday, July 23, 2022

Some more goings on at Casa De Garabaldi

 Been really busy at work so my postings have been off a bit, but this happened to me on Wednesday evening as I was driving.  I had left home, got to the entrance of my subdivision and realized that I forgot my coffee, turned around and went home and got it.  Was leaving again and saw a lady, her 4 year old daughter and their dog in the street walking on the right side of the road, so I swung over to the left side and drove slow to avoid them and I heard a *Boom* and felt a bump and the "Low Pressure Lights" came on in the dash and I turned around in a driveway and commented to the lady"I think I lost a tire"...She replied..."No you lost 2"  I grimaced and and told them to have a nice evening as I limped the Focus back home.  I parked the Focus, quickly transferred my stuff to "My Precious" A.K.A The F150 and headed to work and made it with 3 minutes to spare.  I wondered if God was telling me to stay home this day....

     Well next morning I stopped and took a few pictures at the scene of the crime....


     That is what I hit...


   Here is "My Precious" at the scene of the crime....

       This is what my Focus looked like the Thursday morning.....$$Depressing.$$

Friday Morning........

I was glad my floor jack was low profile, the Focus was low to the ground....


I then started to break the lug nuts loose.....

Drivers front.......Sliced sidewall......Grrr


Drivers rear.....*Mutter*$$$$$


Both tires in the back of the truck.....


The Focus looks kinda strange now......


All the Lugnuts are in a dish, I and my son had replaced the factory lugnuts a year ago with aftermarket lugnuts because the factory lugnuts have that crappy plastic cap on top of them, Fords have them as do Chrysler.  Changing them out keeps from crushing them when trying to remove them, especially on the side of the road ;).


 Got the tires back from the tire shop, and got them positioned, and started installing the lugnuts.

   Got both tires then lowered the car and finished tightening the rims using the "Star" method"

   This is what I'm using to torque the lugnuts...it is a 1/2 inch extended ratched with a 16mm impact socket.


This is what it looks like before it goes back in the trunk of the car.

     This was an expensive experience, glad I have the overtime to cover it...but sheesh....






3 comments:

  1. Did you hit the curb or the concrete chunk?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rocket Dog;

      I clipped the concrete chunk.....

      Delete
  2. Ouch... concrete usually wins, glad you're okay and it was only 2 tires!

    ReplyDelete

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.