Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Saturday, July 16, 2022

Some more going on at Casa De Garabaldi

 Well First off, I had to give "The precious" an Oil Change, she hasn't had one in a long time got her on the lift...


I could crawl under the truck without the ramps,. but why not....then popped the hood...

   Yep had everything......


opened the drain after positioning the pan to allow for the arc, and yes...as dark as a democratic politicians soul....


Snug tight only, putting too much ass on it is what tears them up and making them hell to take off. after wiping the bolt off and checking for metal shavings.


I first loosen the filter, by hand, it may take a bit of *oumph*, then after it starts loosening, I get a bag, and you will see why....


the bag catches the oil so it doesn't run down the arm and make a mess.   I put the oil in the pan to finish draining.


   I gingerly climbed out from under the truck, and got the new filter, filled it with fresh out then took some of the fresh oil and applied it to the gasket.


 

I then crawled under the truck and after wiping down the area where the new filter will go, I learned a looong time ago that sometimes rarely the old filter will come off and the gasket remains on the block...and the the filter will not seal.....and I lost 5 quarts of oil in the Mustang in Germany.  Since then, I check, but it never happened again....but I still check. and then hand tightened the filter.  No need to use "mechanical assistance".  Just snug it tight.


Added the rest of the 6 quarts of oil, closed up the truck, cranked her up and checked for leaks...no leaks then parked it, and no mess on the ground :)


 

   The Spousal Unit got us tickets to "The Blue Man Group", I remembered wanting to see them in Vegas back in 2010? and the tickets back then were about $200 bucks....Well I didn't want to spend that kind of money, so we didn't go.  Well the tickets combined now cost us about $120 at the Fabulous "Fox Theater", and it has been a bit since I have been at the Fox when I saw the "Blue Collar Comedy Tour" back in the 2000's. 

I included a clip from "Youtube"


On the way to go to the Fox in Atlanta, we stopped at a pizza place off I-75 and the food was excellent and we did see this sign....


I was driving the Truck and saw another Box Turtle in the road in my subdivision, I stopped and picked him up and moved him to the trees, and continued on my way to Ace to get a few things for the house...and when I came back, I stopped and looked , there was no turtle carcass in the street and he was nowhere to be found...the encounter was different than the last time my F150 and a box turtle Intersected.

     


    I had taken some pictures from work, we were working the line and I was working near "B" concourse  by gate B5 and well since I am a Babylon 5 fan, I got a chuckle out of it,

Here is another pic


I thought it was pretty neat.....Long nights and long hours, but it is what it is working the Aviation industry in the Summer push with the demand, the way it is, this is why my blogging has dropped a bit.

This is what happens after all the rain we have had and the lawn service we have fell off the planet, won't return my emails or phone calls.....so guess what I am doing

yeah...it took a while with a push mower, having to cut half lanes and doubling back....the grass was pretty thick....had to get it done...


Cutting grass in the middle of the day when I was supposed to be asleep......*sheesh*


And finally, Another meme that I liberated off farcebook, because I am a humanitarian thats why ;) I looked at that...and I'm 8/8....dang....I will go to a  "Reeducation" camp for sure, LOL








2 comments:

  1. So a productive day, bad on you... bad...bad... :-)

    ReplyDelete

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.