Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Sunday, March 13, 2011

NRA.........

I will work more on my Desert Storm postings, but it is the weekend and that is when I work so it will be a day or 2 before I can.
      Anyway, I was working the Archery range for the cub Scouts so they can get a beltloop.   The people teaching the BB range were NRA instructors, I had no problem with that.  However we were talking during lunch and discussing guns and other things that we like, like more guns and that obama is a tool.  The female instructor made some comments, because she likes to use inline black powder to hunt and shoot.  She made some derogatory comment about people that like to use the Barrett BMG.
  They were that people that want more than 1 round to hunt with, she said that they don't NEED to have a Barrett.  I was surprised by this elitist attitude.  She was acting all holy like her choice of firearms was correct and all others were beneath her attention.  I commented that who determines what somebody needs? and I also commented that the 2nd amendment is not about hunting.  I also retorted that if she thinks that the anti's will not go after her choice of firearms, she is sadly mistaken.   Needless to say, she wouldn't say anything to me the rest of the time.
       Is this what we have to put up with in the gun community? people that think that they are exempt from the gun control movement?  If we don't stand together, we will lose separately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.