Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Where the job are......

  I got this from hope and change cartoons, it is a cartoon but the story it tells is real life.  I have bemoaned the loss of our industrial prowess and technical skills.  All the skilled jobs are leaving and they ain't coming back.  Before I got hired at my present employer, I worked at Ford Motor Company here in Atlanta for 11+ years, we built Tauruses and Sables( both good cars, I owned 3 of them)  When my plant closed down, we knew that it was coming, Ford Motor was good to us in a bad situation, we got a good severance package,Those that wanted to transfer could transfer to other location and keep their seniority. They maintained my medical insurance on my family at no cost to me for 6 months.  I still have a pension with them.  I don't hate the company, but I did hate the position we were in, because of market share issues Ford had too many assembly plants for its North American operations.  The reasons for the plant closing was varied, no close vendor plants, outdated vehicle line, older plant, not set up for lean or flex manufacturing.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlanta_Assembly

 

 

SuperDownsized



On Tuesday, McDonald's gave Barack Obama the gift of rising employment numbers by hiring 50,000 new employees in a single day.

The jobs, which start at $8 an hour, were once considered "starter positions" for teens...but at some locations, the majority of slots are filled by adults and working parents who are grateful to find
any work at all in the Obamaconomy.

But how can McDonald's afford to be hiring? Part of the answer may come from the fact that the fast food giant saved a "supersized" amount of money when they were granted a waiver from Obamacare.

Of course, the idea that companies with "more money" can do "more hiring" is
preposterous according to the alleged president, who is simultaneously working to raise business's taxes, healthcare costs, and energy costs. Which presumably will continue to kill professional positions across the country, and free up more applicants to work at McDonald's as counter help.

Or, if the economy continues on its current path...as meat.




The McPresidency: 300 Million Unserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.