Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Monday, February 11, 2013

Monday Music "Goodbye to you"

I am still in Airbus School, and there is a lot of stuff being thrown at me.  We were discussing the CFM 56A series engines, and the logic system and the ignition system and the temperature flow controls on the system.  And the APU's.  I am enjoying this but I will be glad when I go back to my regular shift and crew and can relax.  I feel like my brain is leaking from all the stuff that is thrown at me.

"Good Bye to you" sung by Patty Smyth was from the group Scandal self titled 1st EP
The song was written by band member Zack Smith.[1] It appeared on Scandal's 1982 Scandal EP. The song was also released as a single, and reached #65 on the Billboard Hot 100.[2]
The video shows Patty Smyth in a bright red dress singing the lyrics to various members of the band as they perform the song. Scandal keyboardist Benjy King is shown playing a rare Digital Keyboards Synergy synthesizer, which provided the main 8th note foundation of the track; the video also features Late Show with David Letterman's bandleader and sidekick Paul Shaffer playing a solo -- based on Del Shannon's "Runaway" on an Oberheim OB-Xa.[3]

3 comments:

  1. Can't. Stop. Playing. This.

    She dances like she's trying to keep her balance on a sheet of ice, but she's cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought she was really cute back in 1982. I was 16 back then. I remembered seeing a "where are they now" thingie from VH-1 and she has several kids and drives a minivan. Still hot looking though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard to believe that was 21 years ago... And I hope you're retaining at least 'most' of the info... But don't worry, they'll have it all on the computer! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.