Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Thursday, August 4, 2016

Busy at work and some pithy thoughts...

I havn't been able to post much due to ...You guessed it....
But the trade off is that I can't post as much as I like....I like blogging but face it....It don't keep the wolf at bay and from scratching at your door.  We are almost complete with our first Airbus mod and it does look really good.
  I hope the passengers like it as much as we do.   We did what we call regular mechanic stuff last night, not the "arts and crafts" we took the airplane to the run up hole for leak checks and see how the engines performed....it was a nice change of pace.    I did see some workplace humor that some nameless Mechanic generated. 
A bit of background, we have to use an external airconditioner to cool the plane enough for people to work on them.  Even with the external airconditioners, the temperature inside an airplane will push about 110 degrees or more.....this is due to the insulation that the airplanes have to operate at 35000 feet.  Factor in the avionics running and the airplanes get hot.  Well our "good" airconditioner" got appropiated for another bay...so we are using one that don't work well.  Also the powers that be have decided that we will wear "bump hats"   Pretty good in the summer, having that plastic bowl on our head in the middle of the summer.
This one is mine....I modified it a little.  I have the "infidel" patch on the front, the "snafu" patch on the back and my blood type on the opposite side as the American flag.  It felt kinda like a helmet, so I dressed it up like one.

On to some pithy comments...Trump has discovered that the media is fully in the tank for Hillary and they have been carrying her water for the last 40 years...
Donald has to realize that anything he said will be twisted all out of proportion of what he said.  Trump needs to focus on Hillary's weakness....which is the corruption that is endemic of Hillary.  He will need to redirect on Hillary and keep pounding away on that issue.  The issue is her lack of trust and keep running on it and watch what he says and stay on point.



6 comments:

  1. Great post. Made me giggle. Love your sign. I think my ac is broken. I might as well be wearing a plastic hat. Overtime overtime. Good thing is you get more money in and out. Now and at retirement. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Momma Fargo;

      Thank you very much, I do try to be funny but I can't take credit for that one, somebody else did the work. I thought it was ingenious but I do have a warped sense of humor. I do like the OT but I am tired, between OT and scouts, my dance card is full.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hey Old NFO;

      Yep OT is good and I make sure that I hydrate. I have been hauled out of work several times for heat exhaustion and that sucks. It takes days to recover from it.

      Delete
  3. I like that photo of the farmer at his plow. Reminds me of a photo of my own grandpa.

    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-cXLJETjX7wE/T8w8qHs-A6I/AAAAAAAAA_M/N9PEeQG9n68/s1600/Edgar+at+plow+-+580+wide.jpg

    Can't help but think previous generations of Americans would be far less tolerant of this present government than we've been. Then again, the government of their era would never have dared to encroach on their lives the way the present one does on ours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Doug;

      Prior generations of Americans would be less tolerant, but we as a society has been conditioned to "look to the government" to fix our problems. People now think that we serve the government and not the other wau around.

      Delete

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.