Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Momentous day at Casa De Garabaldi





Well it is official, my son passed his drivers test and got a 100% on the driving practical. The driver instructor commented that this is the first time she ever gave out a 100% and he was in earshot, wow, talk about swelling his head. I guess all that driving we had him do paid off, he drove very confidently on the course and on the road. We are proud, but nervous. Egads...we will be establishing a " gofundme" for the insurance, lol. 

                                        I quickly took a picture of the score....

 He is getting ready to depart for the first time by himself...setting up his music and other important stuff that is important for teenagers..
Here he is departing to go to the Boy Scout camp to work the requirements of his last merit badge before his Eagle project in August.



Strange seeing my truck departing without me driving it....I was having momentary flashbacks of..
 Well anyway, I contacted my insurance company USAA and officially added him as a licensed driver and  my insurance from $2400 a year to $6000....Holy Chit.....  I drive a 20 year old truck and the spousal unit drives a 10 year old Edge.  Sheesh.  We are checking into defensive driver and my son qualifies for the A&B grade discount, I am hopeful that this drops my insurance to a more manageable level.   The Joys of living near the ATL.


1 comment:

  1. Congrats to him! That insurance increase is painfully nuts. We're not looking forward to the insurance bump once our kids are licensed either.

    ReplyDelete

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.