Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Quick Note on what is going on.

   Well I started Specific Airplane School today and it is Boeing 757 School and we have a mix from several different groups in the class. I found out a tidbit that I didn't know and I thought I knew a bunch of little things about the Boeing 757,   It started out as a proposal for a Boeing 727-300....Instead of 3 engines...it would have 2 engines....Eastern Airlines was the Proposed Launch Customer for the new Plane and it had proposed Rolls Royce Engines. That is why the proposed plane was in the "HockeyStick" livery of Eastern Airline.(The conventional tail shown is in Delta colors who is the single largest operator of the B757 in the world)

And they would eliminate the 3rd crewmember in the cockpit....submitted the proposal to the FAA(Friends Against Aviation).....The FAA looked at the proposal.....analyzed it and basically told Boeing..." Sorry Charlie, Try again.." So With the B767 already in preproduction, they borrowed a bunch of components from the B767 program and proposed the B757 to the FAA for approval and Voila! my favorite Boeing was born.....In a nutshell, LOL

On a different note, My SWAG came in from the Monster Hunter Nation Group, I was of course excited, not sure where I'm going to put the stickers, if I still had my toolbox at work, that would be a no-brainer...but now....I don't know.....Still looked cool though.



2 comments:

  1. What would be the advantage of a T-tail on an aircraft with wing mounted engines ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jerseygirlangie;

      I think the FAA had the same attitude you did, what was the advantage?..Personally I think it was a pig in a poke, with the weight of the plane and the power of the engines, there would have been a LOT of stress on the control surfaces of the tail and the possibilities of a structural failure would have been high. Just my opinion.

      Delete

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.