Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Friday, March 11, 2022

Well I finished it.....

A few pithy comments about what is going on here at Casa De Garabaldi, 



  A few more pics from my class.....

    I did pretty good, you had to have an 80% or better and I had in the mid 90's.   Glad I am finished


Now on a different note, I noticed a headlight flicker on my passenger headlight on the Focus, no biggie, I went ahead and ordered another set of bulbs.

I immediately started removing the 2 screws that hold the headlight assembly on the car,

         Here is the box of bulbs......

     Here are the bulbs, there are a trailing wire and a adapter underneath the foam.

        The Headlight assembly pulls away from the car,


    Pop off the rubber cap on the light fixture.


What the old light bulb looked like, you notice the rubber gloves I am wearing...


   I had put the screws together...., you can see the torx bit holders in the pic also

        I then switch to the other side, and quickly swap out the bulb.

    Put the screws back into the Drivers side headlight assembly.


    Stick the key in the ignition, turn the key, and then turned the knob for the headlight...

      The Lights work good...And I drove the car Friday morning early to make sure that there were no "Hiccup-ups" I carried a spare set of bulbs in the trunk along with tools to swap them out if there were any issues...

    Speaking of cars...and Trucks...


.

   the continued price increases at the pump are hurting the middle class but we are having all these stars like George Takai from Star Trek fame and Steve Cobert and other acting all sanctimonious, and on top of it, you are having the White House sending this out in a tweet...

“The average transaction price for an electric vehicle (EV) is $56,437,” CNBC reported. “In terms of pricing, an EV is equivalent to an entry-level luxury car.”

     I swear, they are giddy about this, they are happy that we are paying through the ass for fuel, because this will force us to their "green agenda" which will leave them more firmly in charge of our destiny...then you understand why more and more Americans are getting really pissy.


 








8 comments:

  1. Funny the kinds of tricks your mind will play on you when you are not fully awake. This is one of your photo captions:
    "What the old light bulb looked like, you notice the rubber gloves I am wearing..."

    What my mind tells me I read:
    "The old bulb looked nice, until you notice the rubber gloves I am wearing..."

    Where upon I said what is he trying to say? Are these bulbs somehow evil or contaminated with some kind of nasty slime? Then I read it again, and said, I think I need another cup of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Chuck;

      I have had to more than one do a doubletake and "Say whut"??and I am the one typing, LOL but I am glad that I got it right, LOL

      Delete
  2. Apparently airplanes are simple until you try to make them reliable. It's just the redundant everything that makes them complex. I don't envy you your job. I hope you're getting well paid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Chuck;

      Yep airplanes inherently want to fly and yes there are a lot of redundant systems in them to make them even more reliable, and yeap I am paid ok, LOL

      Delete
  3. Ah yes, flow charts... Airplane style... sigh And yes, rubber gloves so you don't contaminate the bulb with oils.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Old NFO;

      I figured you recognized the chart style and of course the glove reasons ;)

      Delete
  4. I agree Putin screwed the pooch but the sanctions were an ill thought out, shotgun attempt to grab him by the back of the neck. The morons in DC have screwed us, as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey TexSon;

      Yeah they screwed us and they don't care in my mind, we are a means to an end to them and I don't like being considered "expendable" because I live in "Flyover Country"work in what is considered Skilled trades and my son don't go to an Ivy League School.

      Delete

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.