Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Some goings on here at Casa De Garabaldi

 

    I am still in Specific Airplane School, we are in Engines and Pneumatic Systems right now, they use the fire-hose approach, they spray the knowledge on us and we test every couple of days  reminds me of AIT

And some more Pics...



   Just a few pics I took while the class is in session.

I also picked up my pistol out of layaway


       I had picked up a CZ75C "Compact" it is a 9mm pistol The Czech-Republic made compact variant of the legendary CZ-75, these particular 9x19mm chambered pistols were an Israeli contract order. Note the additional slide markings of the Massada and Menora image.


 Supposedly these were issued to park rangers at the Masada Park which is where the historic Masada Fortress is located. The odd thing is the misspelling of Massada on the slide, leading some to believe these might be fakes; intentionally made up to be some sort of rare surplus pistol. However, most collectors do believe these to be real genuine Israeli handguns. One interesting feature on these Massada pistols is that they use a dual recoil spring setup, unlike other CZ compacts. (GRH)

      I wanted a CZ for a long time and wished that I had bought  a CZ75 back when I was stationed in Germany now I have one although it is a compact.  I had a heck of a time finding any real info on the pistol.  The Ergonomics feel really good, almost like my baby Beretta...before i lost it in that durn canoe accident.....*sniff*.


  And finally Gas prices are climbing faster than Hunter Biden's hands on some hooker.   Elections have consequences and we are getting burned again by the feckless behavior of Xiden in the Whitehouse.



2 comments:

  1. Last week I filled up my truck and it cost $70. Yesterday I filled it again and it cost $80. I am beginning to loathe stupidity.
    Seems I heard P&W was thinking about an engine with gear reduction between turbines and fan. Did they build it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Chuck;

      Prat had 2 kinds of engines I think you are referring to, they are the 1100 and 1500 GTF(Geared Turbo Fan. It is the new generation of engines being built, the A220 uses the engine and I think the A321NEO is rumored to use a variant of that engine.
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pratt_%26_Whitney_PW1000G

      Delete

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.