Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Sunday, March 10, 2019

Going to the Range


     I went to the high speed range near my house and took the Henry to the Range to see how the repairs went...Remember I shipped off the Rifle back off to Henry to Fix the issues that I had with the rifle.  You can read about it here if you want...

    Well anyway I went to the high speed range and set up the rifle to shoot
I went ahead and set up the work bench..

I then went ahead and loaded the rifle..

This is what the rifle looked like holding 10 rounds in the tube..

I then slid the follower in and the moment of truth rotated the tube to lock it in place.....and it went no problem....YAY!! problem fixed.


I proceeded to shoot 10 rounds...at 10 yards...With the exception of one flyer and that was me.

I then ran the rifle down 25 yards which is the max distance of the range...

 This is how the target looked from the shooting bench...

   I proceeded to shoot supported  the rest of the rounds

I did have one problem, and it wasn't the rifle....it was the ammo....Tula strikes again....Since I already had the ammo I might as well shoot it up.
I finished firing the rifle until all the 53 rounds were gone...I did have some .38 Special along with the Tula .357 and I went and fired it up...
The rifle shot well, I do know that it isn't a "Tactical rifle." it takes time to reload the tube.  The rifle is really fun to shoot and it shot well

I am very impressed with the rifle and Henry's customer's service.  They got a customer for life for helping me with the rifle issues.

4 comments:

  1. Why do you put that crappy Tula ammo into a really nice rifle?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Larry,

      I had the ammo before i got the rifle. I already have low expectations for the ammo so i wasnt really surprised. I think that was my last box of Tula.

      Delete
  2. Yay! And not a bad grouping for an old fart and open sights... LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Old NFO;

      Thank you, seriously, I keep wanting to get better groupings but with the pistol cartridge, although through a rifle, I wonder if I am unrealistic.

      Delete

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.