Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Saturday, January 25, 2020

Went shooting

I was going to post this yesterday but it didn't happen.  Well Friday Morning, I went and ate Breakfast with a good friend, then drove all over to this place..

I went to visit my friend Mack at his place of employment to punch holes in paper :).  Well anaway, I got there, shot the B.S. with Mack while he was finishing up some stuff, then we headed into the Range.
We had decided that today was going to be a Pistol shoot, so I laid out what I had, There was my "Console Gun" my Smith Sigma, The .40S&W Hipoint Carbine, my Beretta 81.32ACP, My S&W .357 and peeking around the back is my S&W 14.4 .38 Revolver.  The Carbine and the Beretta are new, well the carbine is new and the Beretta is new to me.
   I loaded up the Beretta and fired her first....The pistol was a joy to fire, munched 50 rounds of .32ACP without a hiccup..
Those sights are small, I had a recurring problem, I couldn't "see" the sights, I have to update my glasses proscription
I then got the Carbine ready to shoot, the ergonomics are good
.I had 100 rounds of .40 S&W to shoot,  so I proceeded to load up the carbine and shoot.  The carbine shot well, although the initial loadup was really "stiff", it got better as I shot more through the rifle.
This was shot at 60 feet.  
Not bad for a pistol cartridge, but I noticed when shooting the carbine, that the rear sights are small, I couldn't really differentiate it to line it up.  I was thinking "I gotta get some cheapo optics for this rifle" and I hear behind me as I was looking at the rifle "You know that you need to look into some cheap optics for that rifle....." Mack was behind me and he noticed the difficulties I was having.   I will be looking for some cheap red dot stuff or something for the rifle, along with a couple more magazines. I fired up all 100 rounds through the carbine,   I never shot my Sigma, so she stayed in the holster. 
I proceeded to load up the .38 and shoot, I was shooting modified weaver, One handed competition and off hand shooting, both double action and single action.  The revolver was a joy to shoot and accuracy was *meh*, I did a while back, put "whiteout" on the Front site to help differentiate it from the rear sight, because the pistol is very accurate, but the target was white, with a little blue on it, made it hard to line up, but I still did ok
I proceeded to load my S&W 686, she is a .357 and is a former dekalb county police gun.  Mack had checked the pistol to make sure that the timing and everything was good and he commented "Everything is good and tight", so I proceeded to shoot this one also.  I had a blast shooting my .357, she is my favorite pistol.
I fired over 100 rounds through the revolvers including some ammo Mack fronted me.  I had a blast, been a while since I have been to the range.
 Mack was on the next lane over running his Beretta, he apparently was having a good time, he also had to help a customer with that person's class III firearm, because I heard his voice explaining some stuff and the controlled burst going downrange.  I suppose he likes his job.
After shooting the crap out of a bunch of paper targets, we retired to some restaurant where wings, pretty girls and there was beer present.  I had a blast hanging with Mack and enjoying the company, we were discussing firearms and ballistics and the comment was made "well the M14 didn't win any wars" and we chuckled and Mack commented "Betcha Jim* felt that one",  The conversation flowed and Mack has me talked into building an AR pistol like his friend Pudge** set up for travel.  While we were talking, the hooter girls kept coming and talking to Mack, apparently he is very popular there. 
     I really enjoyed visiting a member of my tribe and having a blast.   I gotta correct the deficiencies noted and come over again and shoot.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.