Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Sunday, June 12, 2022

Monday Music "Get Down Tonight" by KC and the Sunshine Band.

 

 I'm going with KC and the Sunshine band, I'm surprised that I missed this song, I thought I had done every song they ever did, but apparently I missed one...


 

           Saw this meme and *rescued it from farcebook*, why? because I am a humanitarian, that's why.

I am continuing my string of "bugaloo" songs.  This discussion was started in the "Monster Hunter Nation, Hunters Unite", back in November of 2019? it is a Facebook group with enthusiast of the ILOH "International Lord of Hate" A.K.A Larry Correia.  We were talking about what song would we use if we looked out of our window or glanced at our security camera and saw this.....

 

One of the alphabet bois lining up to take down your house...What would be your "Valhalla" song and you would set it up to play as you load up magazines set up the Tannerite Rover, turn on the water irrigation system and fill it with gasoline instead of water and prepare yourself.

 I figured it would scar the alphabet boys if they come busting in and hearing a song about people having a good time and standing up for themselves and having Disco playing Loud will scar the Alphabet Boi's as they force the stack through the door.

I decided to go back to the "Disco" era with a band that did well during this time. They are still around touring today as the interest in Disco has picked up.  I admit it, I listen to disco, rock, pop, heavy metal, alternative, old school rap and other genre's.  The only music I have a problem with is gansta rap.  I have a hard time listening to that..because of the language, I do use foul words, but some words I will not use and those words are frequently thrown around in a gansta rap song.  SOme of the stuff I do like, like Coolio and Eminem and LLCoolJ, beastie boys among others.   But I digress.   I heard about KC and the sunshine band while I was in Germany and listened to AFN out of Frankfurt and they played all the superbands and the onset of Disco.   Musically pretty exciting, the rest of the decade sucked pond water thanks to Jimmy"the Djimmi" Carter.  KC had quite a flavor of music and it was music that I could dance to because it had a good beat and they pulled in a lot of horns on this song.    I actually have this album in vinyl in my stereo cabinet.

Get Down Tonight" is a song released in 1975 on the self-titled album by the disco group KC and the Sunshine Band. The song became widely successful, becoming the first of their five No. 1 hits on the Billboard Hot 100. It also reached the top of the Hot Soul Singles chart and was an international chart hit, reaching No. 1 in Canada and charting in Australia (No. 44), Belgium (No. 11), the Netherlands (No. 5), and the UK (No. 21). 

The song displays some of the signature characteristics of the disco era such as a fast tempo and repeating lyrics. The song also features a distinctive introduction, employing a guitar solo rendered at double-speed.

The song was originally titled "What You Want Is What You Get" before KC changed the title to "Get Down Tonight"


                                                  Get Down Tonight

   I couldn't get any details about the video, it was the mid 70's, and a lot of bands didn't document anything or even really record anything for the music they played except at any "live" shows.  This shows that it was a promotional video of some kind.

 

 

1 comment:

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.