Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Some going on at Casa De Garabaldi

 It has been an adventure at Casa De Garabaldi the past 6 weeks,  Well we wend down to visit my sister in law in Florida near Destin for a mini vacation, and while we were there, we decided to "Throw Axes"..

           I got a chuckle out of the sign...the place is run by a bunch of veterans(Couldn't you tell by the humor) and we got to swapping war stories and lies.   Hey it was a blast.

    


   While we were there, I dropped by to check out their ammo supply....it was kinda sparse...and since I have lost my guns in those dreadful kayak accidents....it was a walk of memories....*Sniff*Sniff*


   I did bring one of my books with me to read while I was there.  This one is about the "Potsdam Missions"  This picture is known by my friend Mack as a "NightStand Dump", I picked up the habit from him, LOL.

 We had some drama at the house.....

  The Spousal Unit got nailed by a small copperhead, the dang snake was in the garage in front of her car next to the kitchen door, how he got in we don't know.  The snake only hit her with one fang, the other one hit her sandal  strap.  Of course we went off to the hospital, they tracked the progress of the venom and decided not to give her anti-venom since her body was doing a good job of handling the bite.  The immediate results was that she was afraid to go into the garage, so I parked my Focus in the garage....This lasted for a month....

        We went to Savannah again, and stayed in the Historical section, and toured the old city and visited the sites, it was a good time, we spent 4 days there, just me and the spousal unit.  the kid stayed home, he had to babysit the house...he had to work and go to school(Bwah, hahaha).

Here is the link for my pictures I posted on Instagram...Never tried this before, LOL

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdZbP4_sDcl/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

 

    Well we came back and it was primary season for elections and yes I voted, I did vote for Kemp even though his challenger was endorsed by President Trump.  Brian Kemp in my mind is the only one that can beat Stacy Abrams in 2022, Perdue has no chance.  Brian Kemp opened the state when all the naysayers were wanting to stay in their house and hide.  His steady hand in handling Georgia was similar to Florida, we were open whereas all the northern states were locked down.  yes Pepperage Farms remembers.  I'm sure the Media would like everyone to forget that one.  Other than that I voted straight Trump endorsed ticket.

     

  Ran across this in my travels, a kid was running a lemonade stand so he could earn money to go to camp, I was flabbergasted,  I haven't seen a lemonade stand since the 1970's.  Needless I spend some $$$ to help the kid out and and I was proud that he was trying to earn his way to camp, and told his parents that.

    Went back to Florida and visited my Sister in Law again.....Stayed there for a few days, then rolled home in the Focus....We have been driving the mess out of the Focus...Will touch on that in a few.

    Came home, dropped off the Spousal unit,  and picked up my son who had to house sit the house, and the dog and work( man life is rough) and headed to Cincinnati with him to watch the Mens National Soccer team play Morocco.

    We were using Buccee's to stop and Fuel up at.  We stopped at the one in North Georgia, then stopped overnight at my moms house in Sevierville Tennessee, since I brought the kid, i was chopped liver.   Well we did stop at Smokey Mountain Knife Works and I bought a couple more knives.  And we headed out the next day.  We stopped in out hotel room in Lexington Kentucky,   There was a Buccee's near Lexington, so we stopped there for fuel...

       Got back into the car, and rolled into Cincinnati


   he was driving so I was able to take pictures.  We found the stadium in short order, then parked then went looking for a place to get something to eat.  We went "across the Rhine" as they said to get some Mexican food.

     The Food was good, but there was only a couple of tables, apparently social distances and all that crap, so we were leaning on a bench against the wall, to eat our food.

 https://www.instagram.com/p/CeR8k2SpkWk/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link


   Went and watched the game and the United States Won, 3-0.  I pasted a link to instagram above the picture.  Like I said, it is something new.

We rolled home.after leaving the hotel..



 Stopped at Buccee's again to top off fuel, for our run into Georgia, we were gassing up at the Buccee's Near Lexington....Redmond I believe.  Was early in the morning....first time I never saw Buccee's swarming with people.

   Gassed up near Calhoun Georgia, was headed to Conyers to look at a car for the spousal unit.

Remember we were taking my Focus on a lot of roadtrips, My wife's Edge has been a flawless car, has given her no trouble, we have just done regular maintenance only. her Edge is a 2009 with 230,000+ miles on her and the car has the 3.5 liter engine with the Internal waterpump...the original waterpump.  This is important.  To replace the waterpump on a 3.5 liter engine you basically have to remove the engine, remove the timing chain and a bunch of other stuff to get to it, basically about $4000 worth of work, well the car is worth 4 grand....only.   and of something else goes wrong...then whoopsie.

  


          This is Her Edge.....

    This is the new Edge


    The new Edge is a 2020 Titanium fully loaded, Leather seats, Panoramic moonroof, ete,ete with 10,000 miles on the car, with the 2.0 ecoboast.   The car was made right before Covid, and was a rental car for 6 months....that was it.  I have the Carfax report on the car.  We paid a good price for the car, and they actually gave us a better price for the trade in then I expected.  i was planning on selling the Old Edge outright rather than take a bath on the car.  the Spousal unit is very pleased.  She uses the nose camera to watch for snakes when she drives into the garage....so now I don't park in the garage....anymore......Drats.

A couple of days later the people we contracted to clear the brush around our house showed up....We are convinced that the snake came from the underbrush near the garage...



   here is the Results......






            The Spousal Unit was happy.  

On a different note....I had to change the faucet in the kitchen....The hose on the sprayer developed a leak, I patched it for a temporary fix, but it was still leaking...


So I laid out my tools, man I feel like I was at work......

Removed all the stuff under the sink....shut off the valves....then started disconnecting...and had a bad thought....I remember when a professional plumber came into my house 10 years ago, and installed a toilet....the ass hamfisted the installation and flooded my upstairs bathroom and my kitchen ceiling when he broke the water pipe because they get brittle when they get old.  The pisser is that the company wouldn't own up for the damage...and even now I savage them on social media every chance I get and when they threaten me with lawsuits...I tell them"Bring it, I got proof, and receipts, and pictures and I will countersue, and they will pay my lawyer" and they go away, but they are a big name here in the county so they stay in business.   Well anyway....I go looking for my water main cutoff...

After excavating it.....LOL......I shut off the water.


 

             The New Faucet.....hey it is a working kitchen....It ain't home and garden.


   The underside of the sink after I tightened it.  I continued hooking everything up, gently.....then turned on the water from the street, then turned on the water under the sink....No Leaks :)

        Then after bleeding the air out of the lines, attached the head to the hose and function checking it.


   Yay it works :)

 


      Well I had to get gas for the Focus.....


Holy crap.....I used to not even spend that much money on my F150 during the Bad tweet days...now that is what I spent on my Focus?  and I started a small war on my farcebook page when I posted it. with people lobbing bombs at each other.  All I know is that when Trump was running things, sure he can be an ass, but he picked people for competence, where Xiden picks people for ideology and to check off boxes for special interest groups. and it shows.   I have a gut feeling its gonna get worse, the Donks are going for broke because they know that they are going to lose their ass in the midterms.






      






4 comments:

  1. Next time you shut off the water at the street, take the time to find an indoor spot to put a ball valve shutoff INSIDE where you can easily get to it in case you need to shut off the water....

    Having to dig out the water company street connection valve is sub optimal if you need it in a hurry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey B,

      That is a thought, I just have to find where it goes into the house and put a ball valve in.

      Delete
  2. Busy man! :-) Glad the SO is okay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Old NFO;

      I am glad also, I have no intent of looking for another Spousal Unit, dating now scares the crap out of me, LOL

      Delete

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.