Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Friday, July 6, 2012

"So when it comes your time to die"

I was surfing through blogs that I check out everyday...the ones on my blogroll and I visited Stormbringer's blog and I saw this.  It reminded me of the guys at Roarks drift in the movie Zulu

 or in the 13th warrior when the Norsemen recited this:

     
"Lo there do I see my father. Lo there do I see my mother and my sisters and my brothers. Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. Lo, they do call to me, they bid me take my place among them, in the Halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live forever."



     Basically there is a quote that I have heard a long time ago, " a coward dies many deaths before he dies....a brave man dies but once"

Thursday, July 5, 2012


"When It Comes Your Time to Die . . ."



“So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.

Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none.

When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision.

When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.”

~ Chief Tecumseh (Poem from
Act of Valor)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.