Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Monday, September 29, 2014

Monday Music "Nothin but a good time"

Well I survived camping...again.  I ran an Archery Range for the scouts.  I treated it much differently than I would a cub scout range.  Besides the distance and more powerful bows, we were using compound rather than Re-curve bows.  I also put a Zombie Apocalypse spin on the range commands from comments like "The zombie you miss will be munching on your buddy's kneecap" or  " please when you retrieve your arrows, Please leave the entrails on the field, they are most distracting."  Remember the "Walking Dead" TV series from AMC is filmed in the area.  The Fictional town of "Woolsbury" is actually Senoia Ga.     
     The city featured in the 1st season poster is Atlanta GA
                                           This scene is I-75 Northbound
     The Zombie theme I ran as a spur of the moment idea was extremely well received by the scouts.  I heard comments that my Archery shoots were very popular with the scouts....Mostly for the Zombie themes.  I also ran a more relaxed range.  I did stress the 4 safety rules as I call it but I let the kids cut up a bit.  I also worked the dining facility, a 18 hour day.  Then I slept poorly...Friday and Saturday.  I am not a fan of muggy no moving air. Copious amounts of coffee was consumed for breakfast so I would be mentally alert
      I came home and immediately went to sleep, woke up and went to work.  I ran wide open at work, came come, got my son off to school then tried to do a "Monday Music" post and fell asleep on the laptop.  Rather than do a crappy post, I went to sleep and figured I would try again.  Well I this weekend I was listening to my MP3 on my phone and this song came on and I decided to use it on Monday.  I remembered Poison led or was on the forefront of the "hair band" movement.  I also liked my "Hair Metal" which The style can be traced back to acts like AerosmithKissBostonCheap TrickThe New York Dolls, and Van Halen.[3] It arose in the late 1970s and early 1980s in the United States, particularly on the Los Angeles Sunset Strip music scene, pioneered by bands such as Mötley CrüeQuiet RiotRattDokken, and Bon Jovi. It was popular throughout the 1980s and the beginning of the 1990s, bringing to prominence bands including PoisonCinderella, and Warrant. Hair metal was also associated with flashy clothing and makeup. Poison, for example, had long shaggy or backcombed hair, accessories, metal studs, leather and make-up during their live performances.

"Nothin' but a Good Time" is the first single from the glam metal band Poison's second studio album Open Up and Say... Ahh!. The B-sides are "Livin' For the Minute" and "Look But You Can't Touch".
The song was released as a single in 1988 on Enigma Records and reached #6 on the Billboard Hot 100 and #19 on the Mainstream rock charts. It also charted at number 10 on the Australian charts and number 35 on the UK Singles chart.

The music video features a restaurant employee, played by the same actor who appeared in the video for Mötley Crüe's "You're All I Need", washing dishes while listening to the Kiss hit single "Rock and Roll All Nite", performed by Poison. The manager enters, turns off the radio, and delivers to the employee a scathing reprimand, reminding the employee that he is being paid "to wash dishes, not to listen to that... that rock 'n' roll," and accusing him of "moving in two speeds: slow, and stop." The manager exits, whereupon the employee abandons the dishes and kicks open a nearby door to reveal a concert hall stage, upon which the band then performs the song. When the song is over, the manager returns, discovering, to his surprise, that all the dishes are washed. Nothing' but a good time is also commonly quoted by the high school legend Justin "Jman" Moyer.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to support the Scouts! And the video isn't bad... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Old NFO;

    You are welcome, It is for the kids (egad, I sound like a liberal). it gives them a good experience and with some of their home life, the scouts are the only positive role model they have. And I do like my hair metal.

    ReplyDelete

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.