Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Sunday, February 2, 2020

Migraines Suck....

I used to get migraines all the time,  in the 90's and early 2000's.  I would keep several bottles of this stuff lying around in my vehicles, my kitchen and in my bedroom.
That stuff works.  The trick is to catch it early before the migraine has a chance to really establish itself.  I learned that trick the hard way.  I remember a couple of times I was driving to work at the Ford plant and it was the late afternoon and the migraine was soo bad that I literally stopped under the bridge where it was dark compared to the rest of the trip popped a couple excedrin and waited for it to subside, and 45 minutes later, I would get moving and drive on home and call work and call out.  It was never a problem because my attendance record was really good.  I rarely called out so I never ran afoul of the attendance policy.  Ford basically gave you 4 a year with no penalties(Per contract).
     Well anyway when I finally had a sleep study some what 9 years ago, it was discovered that yes I had sleep apnea, had it for many years.  After doing the treatments, my Migraines pretty much vanished except an occasional  visit.  Well it visited Yesterday, and knocked me in the dirt.  that is why I didn't post.


      I did buy a "green Dot scope for my Hi-point Carbine, I had gone shooting over a week ago and I had problems with the sights.  Well I did pick up a cheapo green dot on Amazon and it actually looks pretty good.


     What it looks like out of the box.

 This is the image I seem to like the best, they gave me 4 options on the selection switch.

  I also am going to pick up a couple of magazines and "do the M1 Carbine" trick with the HiPoint.

Basically add a pouch that carries the extra magazines to the buttstock of the carbine, then I will go over and annoy Mack again and go shooting.

3 comments:

  1. We have at least a couple of things in common. I have that same sight,only I have it on my Ruger Mark IV.
    And I have had migraines my entire adult life. I have a family history of them, but also a history of concussions in football, that add up to a significant issue.
    I have been seeking a treatment plan that works for over 40 years,with limited success. Literally dozens of neurologists,many headache clinics, and even a university medical center. I now have a new neurologist that is not only smart, but willing to keep working until we find something that works. The bad thing is, that after all of the years of migraines,the only thing that ever stopped one, was a narcotic pain med and something that stopped the nausea. And while I was satisfied with that, and it worked, our medical establishment was not happy with that.
    Believe me, it is tough. I am now on disability, due to migraines. Plus of course, a bad back, from a car accident at age 20, and a life as a laborer.
    What caliber is the Hipoint in? I had the pistol in 9mm until a friend who is a truck driver wanted it,and sold it to him, and was quite happy with it. And the 9mm seems like a neat little carbine, for me, as I have so much 9mm ammo. The only thing, I could use the larger calibers for hunting white tail deer here in Michigan, like possibly the 10mm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My carbine is in .40S&W so it has the same calibers as my pistols. I have no 9mm....yet, LOL My Dad turned me onto the carbine because he loves his 9mm and he owns several Glocks 9mm's and he wanted a carbine in that caliber.
      Sorry to hear about your migraines, I don't wish that on anybody, it ain't no fun, I had to call out of work today, nothing like being dressed and grabbing my backpack and the migraine still around.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.