Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Saturday, April 4, 2020

Day 1 of the "Shelter In Place"

Well I spent the time ramping up my "shelter in place",   I painted over a huge spot in the Garage ceiling that had a huge leak stain from where I had a water leak from several years ago.  Also repaired a my banisters on my front porch, then went and drug this from the side of the house to pressure wash it. 

This has been on the side of my house for 20 years, my mother in law had bought this for her garden stuff and when she left, it just languished until I finally opened it up and started throwing crap away before dragging it to the driveway where I could clean it up.
   The little Pressure washer actually did pretty well well with it, I am using straight water, if I was using chemicals, I am sure that it would clean more.


     This was from a discussion I had yesterday on farcebook when a bunch of people mostly civilians complained about the Navy Captain being relieved of command despite him being popular with his crew because of sailors coming down with "Covid-19" on the "Teddy Roosevelt".  There also was discussion about the culture and blaming "Orange Man", also Military control of the country was touched upon, as background.
I'm just an Army guy, from the Reagan era Military that never made it past the E-4 mafia and we knew that the mission came first, and if lives had to be spent, so be it. We had to trust that our lives wouldn't be squandered. That is what happens when you give uncle sam the blank check. As far as what Capt Crozier did, was that he violated the chain of command and OPSEC and let a potential near peer adversary as Jay said know about it and forced the Navy to pull the "Big Stick " out of strategic play". Sure he valued his sailors as any good CO does, but he went about it the wrong way. The Navy issues started in the 90's after Tailhook and the hard charging take no crap sailors who cut their teeth on the cold war against the Soviet union were forced out and the culture was changed. Civilian control of our military has been a hallmark of our republic since the founding, our dead white dudes feared a huge standing Army and the threat to our freedom that such an Army would entail. We have peaceful transition of power every 4 or 8 years, no military coups for this reason.

   We are now on day 2 of the Shelter in Place......The Horror, LOL 

1 comment:

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.