Wednesday, October 3, 2012
The Green Party....The Modern Watermelon
This article is dated back in 2003 but it does discuss the advent of a 3rd party that has for most cases kept a low profile lately, but are taking active parts in the political arena, especially in Washington, Oregon, California and other Blue States. This article talks about the "Green Party". I had commented that the greens cloak themselves in environmental causes but they espouse a Marxism-Leninist tilt. The same people that used to be the apologist for the old Soviet Union, I had noticed that there were a group of people that seemed to carry the Soviets water in the Western media, I saw a lot of this during the KAL 007 shoot-down, or the Pershing II Missiles, Anytime the Soviets would roll out some initiative or something to play the media with, these people would be front and center trumpeting the latest and greatest from Pravda. they would hold protest against the Americans but give the Soviets a pass on their SS-20 and other missile systems like the F.R.O.G 7 and other related systems. These people would protest the Americans especially in Germany, they enjoyed a huge political following. Their big thing seemed to be appeasement of the Soviets. After the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991 these people needed a place to go, and they glommed onto the environmental movement. I am an old fashioned conservationist from my time in the Boy Scouts. What I saw in the 90's was the pushing out of the "Old Guard" environmental people to the strident extremism noted later, they also took a extreme political view that seemed to fit the marxist-leninist tenants that was espoused by such groups. The running comment from the older people that used to head the American conservation movements were " After the fall of the Soviet Union, these people with berets moved in with new ideas and pushed us out".
The Green Menace By: Christopher Archangelli FrontPageMagazine.com | Wednesday, April 09, 2003
Back in the dark Cold War days of 1984 a seed was brought to American soil. Fallen from the vine of the Green Party in Germany, planted in the dark socialist earth of the American Left, and watered with rampant anti-Americanism, the Green Committees of Correspondence took root in 1990 and adopted their first national Platform. By 1996 the Green Party was formed and the twelve years of growth had created a succulent fruit for the far-left movement: the watermelon. Green on the outside and red on the inside, the watermelon became the perfect metaphor for the Green Party with its deeply Marxist philosophy hidden underneath a thin environmentalist façade. If only the Greens had a sense of humor they might actually adopt the melon as their official symbol.
In reality, however, the Greens are not a joke, a metaphor, or an innocuous party to be ignored. Having captured nearly 3 percent of the national vote in the 2000 presidential elections under the banner of Ralph Nader, and having recently captured 170 offices in state and local election in the November 2002 cycle, the Greens have become by far the largest independent or third-party in the United States. At last they have become organized, focused, and bent on conquering the American electoral system. That is certainly not a laughing matter to anyone on the Right who has even a passing knowledge of their socialist intentions. And it raises some interesting questions that will have to be answered if the growing popularity of the Greens is to be curtailed: what are their plans for challenging the major parties and establishing a greater electoral base, and what will they do once they have taken national offices? The answer to these questions can be found in their party program and in their current, wholly anti-American, position on the impending war with Iraq.
What, exactly, do the Greens want for the American People? To read straight from the Program off one of their websites, they would send out "A call to CREATE and CONSERVE a rich, DIVERSE environment characterized by a sense of COMMUNITY" (emphasis in original). That doesn’t sound especially dangerous or socialist until you read further and discover that "create" means to tax into abject poverty to pay for all the new government programs, "conserve" means to forgo the use of technology or fossil fuels until everyone freezes to death or starves, "diverse" means rights for all peoples except white males, and "community" means an enormous government controlling the now retched lives of all formerly free citizens.
Although this may seem harsh, the foregoing assumptions have been fleshed out by the Green Party's platforms. So in case anyone doubts that the Greens have Marxist pretensions, here is just a partial laundry list of their goals once they have complete control of the government:
1. Forming "citizen committees" to run businesses, schools, and farms and (ridiculously) forming "Children’s Parliaments" where "representatives elected by students to discuss, debate and make proposals to their city councils and school boards" can meet.
2. Creating government programs to administer a "free" national health-care system, a "free" national day-care system, a "free" national higher-education system, and of course a "children’s agenda" which will "be put in place to focus attention and concerted action on the future that is in our children".
3. Implementing a state funded "living wage" for all families with proposals as high as $26,000 per year for a family of four and also guaranteed employment by the state.
4. A call for the complete ban on fossil fuels and, for the technologically challenged, the limiting of new industries and the penalizing of the computer industry because "the manufacture of computer chips, computers and peripherals involves a host of chemicals that end up in our water, air, and landfills."
5. Passage of a myriad of social reforms including universal, on-demand, abortion, same-sex marriage, reparations for blacks, (more) "equal" rights for women and minorities, an end to the "Prison-Industrial" complex, legalization of drugs and amnesty for drug criminals, and (just for laughs) full "human" rights for animals.
6. A change in defense and international policy including gigantic cuts in the defense budget of up to 99 percent, full submission to the U.N. as the world governing body, admission to the World Court, and "support" for our dearest friends in… China, North Korea, and Iraq.
So, given the time and thought the Greens have invested in how they intend to run the country into the ground, why would they spend so much of their energy promoting the anti-war movement? Their pacifist stance would seem to defy reason if their intention was to win more seats in government (since a war with Iraq is supported by a majority of Americans). The easy answer is that they simply HATE America and the President and that they just can’t help themselves from protecting a murderous despot if it means being contrary to the Right or ordinary middle-class citizens. A more reasoned answer, that doesn’t refute the first in any way, is that they simply hope to create enough civil unrest and division inside the country to eventually bring down the government. This method has been used by Marxists for years, through more bloody and "revolutionary" movements, but in the end the Greens will have achieved the same socialist society if they merely capture enough seats in the national government.
But, again, what proof is there that this discord is their intention? The answer lies in a booklet printed in 2000 by Medea Benjamin, then Green Party candidate for one of California’s national Senate seats. In her booklet "I, Senator" (modeled after socialist author Upton Sinclair’s book "I, Governor of California") Benjamin describes a fantasy world in which she has been a senator for twelve years and has spearheaded the Green Party to wins across the nation. In each of her chapters she describes how one Green program after the next was passed by Congress AFTER A STATE OR NATIONAL EMERGENCY. In her fictitious U.S., a global depression started by "middle-class speculators," "hedge funds," and "Ameri-Bank" precipitates the collapse of the prevailing government and the eventual rescue by the Greens who are able to "advance our entire program, including Living Wage, Health Care for All, and the Clean and Sustainable Environment Act. But given the Global Depression, we also called upon the government to become the employer of last resort. We demanded new public works programs, and government reorganization of paralyzed industries and firms. We called the whole program the Social Justice Platform..." An emergency in Columbia then leads to the end of all U.S. military involvement overseas, when "thanks to the mobilization of the entire human rights community, we passed legislation in Congress calling for an immediate end to military aid … and the return of all U.S. troops. Most exciting of all, we included in the legislation the creation of the Department of Peace…" Medea may have had the country wrong back in 2000, but it is obvious that the Greens see Iraq now as the vehicle to spread dissent and promote their Marxism.
And the Greens have freely associated with Communists and other groups who hate the United States. In instance after instance, the Greens have joined anti-war groups and radical "umbrella" organizations in an attempt to promote their anti-American agenda. Examples include:
* The Green Party affiliation with Act Now to Stop War and End Racism. Not only was the Green Party a coalition co-signer for A.N.S.W.E.R, but they also helped organize the group’s anti-war rallies and went to great lengths to promote the events by advertising them on the Green websites. Greens apparently had no problem with A.N.S.W.E.R. being spawned from the World Workers Party, a Stalinist group whose slogan is - no kidding! - "We’re for socialism."
* The Green Party signed and distributed the petition for N.I.O.N. (Not In Our Name) – a group of general leftist anti-war types supported by the Revolutionary Communist Party and bent on stopping the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq as well as work and school here in the U.S. N.I.O.N. advocates such practices as "walkouts, sit-ins and marches" and taking down U.S. flags in favor of "globe" flags. They also wish to remind the world that "the Bush administration is…unjust, immoral, and illegitimate."
* The Greens joined with such organizations as the International Socialist Organization, Left Turn (slogan: "from anti-capitalism to revolution"), the Socialist Party USA and the Iraqi Peace Fund in becoming affiliates for United For Peace and Justice. UFPJ, as FrontPage Magazine has shown, is an umbrella group protesting against the war and headed by lefty pro-Castro "intellectuals," who sell bumper stickers proclaiming, "Preemptive War is Terrorism" and "War Equals Death."
* The Greens are a founding member of the Progressive Politics Network, the group that spawned the 9-11 Emergency National Network which was created to oppose the war on terror. P.P.N. includes as its backers such anti-American organizations as the Black Radical Congress ("…we are challenged to preserve and utilize the best elements of revolutionary nationalist, radical feminist, new Afrikan, socialist and Marxist revolutionary traditions…"), Freedom Road Socialist Organization (…real freedom, socialism, will require the destruction, by any means necessary, of the whole current social order…), and the Communist Party USA. E.N.N., it should be noted, circulated a petition – signed by the Green Party – that averred, "credible sources have made serious allegations that the Bush administration had prior knowledge of the events of September 11th."
The last association should not come as any surprise to eagle-eyed conservatives who know by now that the Green Party is actively pursuing, as a national candidate for 2004, Miss "What Did Bush Know and When Did He Know It" Cynthia McKinney.
The Green Party is deceptive, employing the tried-and-true tactics of the front groups of old Again, like the Marxists before them, the Greens use lies and half-truths to conceal what they really represent while attempting to sway the uninformed. The anti-war movement gives them convincing ideological concealment while providing maximum electoral exposure. Of all the prominent groups in the peace crowd, the Greens have the most to gain: they are the only "alternative" party able to field real candidates. And that makes them dangerous.
So the time has come for the Right to take the Greens seriously and realize that a viable national party has emerged ready to get in bed with even the most evil of men to further its cause. With a solid organization, an electoral strategy, and a Marxist ideology and behavior that will gain them followers through the "peace" movement, it is time to expose these "Greens" and allow the American public to taste this watermelon for what it is – a bitter Red fruit