Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Sunday, December 8, 2013

Relearning the lessons of History..

On a personal note, I have been again super busy, spend Friday running around and cleaning out the  wife's car including removal of all personal effects and license plate.  She has started banding around vehicles choices and she seriously likes the Ford Edge.  Not a new one, but a 2010 model or newer car and doing other stuff before heading to an "Order of the Arrow" banquet. The Order of the Arrow (OA) is the national honor society of the Boy Scouts of America (BSA).  Then spent all day Saturday doing a "looporee" a cub scout event where I was the Archery instructor.  This event was cold, it hovered around 45 degrees, cloudy, overcast and some drizzle.  As I told some of the other people that were there..".If it ain't raining...it ain't training".  Those that are veterans understood the reference...the regular civilians didn't get it...at first.  I came home Saturday evening and ate something and crawled into bed.  I was beat.
    
       Then the wife wakes me up later on...There was a problem with the hot water heater...and so I got up, crawled my tired butt up into the attic, and sitting in a pile of water in the overflow tub...was the hot water heater.....Sheesh.  I shouldn't complain...the hot water heater was 17 years old.....but what timing.......   So we spent time over at the in-laws house running laundry and taking hot showers.   They say bad things happen in 3...If I had a fallout shelter, I would hide for a week or so until the spate of bad luck passes.  Or if nothing else..I don't fly for a few weeks.
     I ran across this picture from a non-peoplescube source and thought it would tie in with my earlier post I did on the 2nd amendment.
    
    "When we have a leader that ignores the rule of law...except when it is politically convenient for him.  We have a legislative branch that is spineless and divided, and the charismatic leader that has control of the media, the security apparatus and the mob.  This is where tyranny comes from.  I wonder how this will play out for the future....".
    I wonder if this is what a German dissident believed before being sent to a work camp for "Crimes against the state"

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully the third is NOT major...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do you need a hot water heater, and why would you need to heat water that is already hot? Just kidding. I hope your string of bad luck has come to an end. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.