" Guns are tools. I use these tools in my job. But like all tools one must be trained and educated in their use. Weapons are there for the "well regulated militia." Their use, therefore, must be in defense of the nation. Shooting and killing somebody because they were not "upset enough" over the loss of a college football team should not be possible in our great nation. How about blaming the person, not the object...What a novel concept.I guess individual responsibility is an unusual concept for you leftist... Which is why I am adding the following "Gun Plank" to the Bateman-Pierce platform. Here are some suggestions:
1. The only guns permitted will be the following:
- a. Smoothbore or Rifled muzzle-loading blackpowder muskets. No 7-11 in history has ever been held up with one of these. What is with liberal elitist and this fascination with black powder rifles , they think they are on to something when they use this as a rebuttal. First off, the 2nd amendment is NOT about hunting....it is our defence against tyranny when the time comes. If they want to continue along this like of thought with technology...fine, the first amendment can only be distrabuted via handbills and hand loaded printing press only, no electronic media ...That is what was around when the 10 amendments were ratified....and watch them self destruct because they really like the 1st amendment. They forget that the bill of rights are rights given to us by our creator, and they are natural rights and they are codified so the government will be there to ensure those rights. These rights are NOT granted to us by the government, we already HAVE them.
- b. Double-barrel breech-loading shotguns. Hunting with these is valid. Hunting is a viable pastime and many weapons are used from shotguns to rifles to bow and arrows. The 2nd amendment ain't about hunting, and I appreciate your indulgence in letting me and the other commoners keep my double barrel shotgun....Not
- c. Bolt-action rifles with a magazine capacity no greater than five rounds. Like I said, hunting is valid. But if you cannot bring down a defenseless deer in under five rounds, then you have no fking reason to be holding a killing tool in the first place. Again you miss the point...the 2nd amendment ain't about hunting, it is about our natural God given gift of self defense to protect our freedom from bad people, and overblown blowhard liberal elitist and others that might want to take what is mine and my family from our property to our lives.
3. Police departments are no longer allowed to sell or auction weapons used in crimes after the cases have been closed. (That will piss off some cops, since they really need this money. But you know what they need more? Less violence and death. By continuing the process of weapon recirculation, they are only making their jobs -- or the jobs of some other cops -- harder.) Again, the lawful gun owner is being blamed by the crime rate, you sure it ain't other reasons like the destruction of the nuclear family, the lack of morals, the glorification of the drug and its associated lifestyle in the world? And the myriad of policies enacted by your democratic handlers to push their agenda? Before 1968, you could order a gun through the Sears Roebuck catalog and have it shipped to your house. The average cops excluding Police Chiefs(who have their job due to political patronage and parrot whatever the mayor wants to keep their jobs) have no problem with the average law-abiding gun-owner.
4. We will submit a new tax on ammunition. In the first two years it will be 400 percent of the current retail cost of that type of ammunition. (Exemptions for the ammo used by the approved weapons.) Thereafter it will increase by 20 percent per year. The average liberal answer is to tax anything, You want to really piss off a bunch of gun owners, try to push through a punitive tax on ammo, that will guarantee either the democrats losing an election or the push-back against overreaching government will turn violent.
5. We will initiate a nationwide "buy-back" program, effective immediately, with the payouts coming from the DoD budget. This buy-back program will start purchasing weapons at 200 percent of their face value the first year, 150 percent the second year, 100 percent the third year. Thereafter there will be a 10 year pause, at which point the guns can be sold to the government at 10 percent of their value for the next 50 years. Again what is with you liberal elitist going after the DoD budget? What you can't touch the myriad of social programs that your democratic handlers require to keep their base content and and voting? I am sure the average soldier will not appreciate watching his pay and other things being stripped in the budget to fund such a thing and disgruntled soldiers can cause many problems for the regime.
6. The major gun manufactures of the United States, less those who create weapons for the federal government and the armed forces, will be bought out by the United States of America, for our own damned good. Again with the big government elitist dreams of nationalizing entire industry. So in the end the only people that will have weapons are the rulers, and the average citizen will be little more than a wage slave to support and serve their betters in the government.
..That is tyranny and the 2nd American civil war will have started. In the end we will win, and there is a lot more of us than of y'all
These opinions are those of the author and do not reflect the United States government, the United States Department of Defense, the United States Army, or any other official body. As for the NRA, they can sit on it. (Sorry, I grew up with Happy Days. "Sit on it" means something to those of my generation.) R_Bateman_LTC@hotmail.com.
Well Lt Colonel Bateman, I am from a slightly younger generation and we have a word for you.....And this is my opinion, and is from the heart....Really....it is....