Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Thursday, March 19, 2020

My experience buying ammo.




I was at academy looking for some ammo for my garand and there was a father and son there. They were looking at all the 5.56×45 and were totally lost as to the selection to buy. The Dad was not a native speaker, whereas the son was. I recognized them in the parking lot earlier, one don't forget someone face or vehicle when they almost clip me on my motorcycle. They kept looking but didn't know what to buy. I finally asked them, "y'all need help?" The son told me that they were looking at AR ammo, the dad just bought one and didn't know what to buy. I asked him "do you know what caliber?" Because AR's are "multi" now. They didn't know and I said "that can be tough, don't want y'all buying the wrong stuff and getting hurt." The son explained this to the dad and the dad nodded then exclaimed in his language and pulled out a bullet he had in his pocket and it was 5.56. Excellent, the dad then showed me a picture of a compact AR with optics and a forward "handle". I then started looking at the sparse selection and academy had a 3 box limit. So I pulled out the 120 round boxes, and they were wanting to buy the 855 62 grain stuff and I told them that they are better with the 55 grain stuff, bit cheaper. I explained to the son that the 62 grain stuff is a hotter round, made for the A2 type barrel. Where the 55 grain can be shot by any type of AR. I wasn't trying to overload them with too much jargon. They were happy and I told the son" please take a shooting course or have someone who is very familiar to show y'all how to shoot it safely." They again said "thank you " and left.
      I am not super concerned about stocking up, I learned my lesson after Sandy Hook.  I just want to get some ammo for my Garand so I can take my friend who has never shot any rifles to have some, I had told her, she would be shooting a piece of history.  We will try to go annoy Mack at his play of employment in the next few weeks.

3 comments:

  1. Sigh... THAT run has now started... Again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was also reading a topic like this one from another site..~~*’ 5.7x28 ammo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Considerably, the post is really the greatest on this worthy topic. I agree with your conclusions and also can eagerly look forward to your future updates. Simply just saying thanks definitely will not simply just be enough, for the fantasti c clarity in your writing. I will right away grab your rss feed to stay abreast of any kind of updates. Genuine work and also much success in your business dealings! 209 primers in stock

    ReplyDelete

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.