Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Saturday, June 13, 2020

Couple little projects

When I had gone to Tennessee to visit my mom and pops I had picked up a rusty metal flag and brought it home.  I wanted to fix it up so I started...
 My little mouse sander had a lot of old paint and rust to sand off 
 Started taping it off
Painted it Red.
Little flag is hung in the garage.
Based on Peter's   recommendation for an angle sight because of "Murphy' Law" if you have an optical sight, there will a possibility of the battery failing at the worst possible time. I ordered an accessory for my AR pattern rifle.
I thought the logo was creative.
They install via allen screws, and you make it "snug" and if you want, you can use some "locktite" on the screws but don't strip them or you will be ordering another set.
       
     This is the rear view, you can see the 45 degree offset.
Closeup
Front View of my rifle, the sights are "GI Standard Battle sights"
I am looking forward to going shooting and seeing how the rifle shoots.  But it I have noticed that my "Standard Rifle is heavy. and it really is no frills but it is a full size AR rifle, not a "Shortie".  My next rifle I am starting to build may be a shortie.

1 comment:

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.